Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update Time!

Since the last time i updated i have let the tank go all summer long. 1/2 the time the return pump was sucking air, no wc's, didn't scare the glass, fed the whole whopping 3 fish once a week if i was lucky. I kind of left the tank going into the summer on a sour note. I was tired of fighting the nutrient problem and not succeeding. The few corals i had looked like ****, so i told myself i would just deal with it in the fall. So about 2 months ago i was laying in bed and scrolled through my phone and R2R app was looking neglected. Clicked on it, and for some reason when the weather starts to change my mood changes from cars. to reefs. Long story short i looked over at the tank (Sucking air, glass so green i could hardly see through it, Sand brown and covered in i don't even know what, corals closed) and decided to make it better again. I started by cleaning the glass so i could see what i was attempting to conquer. Then from their i cleaned everything, The light, all the filter pads, refugium,overflow box, even sand. By the end of day 1 it was looking better than before. During that week i ordered more fish. (Few more chromis,Firefish, Diamond Goby to keep the sand white, Saddleback butterfly, and Ebilli angelfish. As i speak now. The Butterfly and Angel did not make it. I do not know why but they dissapered one day, never to be see again. I have picked up multiple frags since September on my way to a beautiful moving reef. May be looking to add a few larger fish i shall see. As of right now the stocking list is below.

3 Blue Reef Chromis
1 Percula Clown (Nemo)
1 Firefish
1 Diamond Goby
1 Gold Midas Blanny
1 Yellow Clown Goby
1 Target Manderain

Also got a new phone so no more pictures with the quality of a potato. Speaking of that, Pictures to come! Seems to be quiet in Here. Maybe get a few friends conversing in here.
@Robin Haselden
@Katrina71
@saltyfilmfolks
@Coral Hygiene

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back