OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The Melenarus burrowed down in the sand so I probably won’t see her for awhile. In the mean time, will copper work on her if she’s burried?

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but be careful. Wrasse are not tolerant of chelated copper.

Chelated Copper is the kind of copper Wrasse are least effected by. Ionic copper poses a bigger threat and they are intolerant of CP. This is to my knowledge through articles and conversations with the med Squad.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chelated Copper is the kind of copper Wrasse are least effected by. Ionic copper poses a bigger threat and they are intolerant of CP. This is to my knowledge through articles and conversations with the med Squad.

Maybe i had it backwards... i havent treated a wrasse with copper. Just parazi and metro+focus

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I just saw white stringy poo. How did you treat the metro and focus

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One scoop metro, one scoop focus, one tablespoon frozen. Soak thawed frozen for at least ten minutes. Feed only as much as they will eat, but don't sweat any left overs. Save rest for 3 days in fridge then toss.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, you are good. Remember that the copper isn't treating the fish. It is poisoning the parasite while it isn't on the fish.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zack you had a rough go. It’s great you stuck it out. Your fish look great. Love the mal wrasse.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything comes in threes. And it’s never ending. Tonight I fed the fish as usual, they were eating like the pigs that they were, so I walked away. I fed the dog and myself and returned to the tank roughly 30 minuets later. I walked by it and glanced only to see something laying out of place. After a double take I realized everyone was on their side 1/2breathing 1/2 dead. I quick rushed and grabbed my 5 gallons of New SW and scooped everyone into it. I saved everyone but my pair of butterflies and a piece of **** Chromis I was waiting to die anyway. The Wrasse were in rough shape but they should pull through. As of now, everyone is in the DT. It’s been 63 days so hoping all will be okay.
IMG_1449.JPG

But wait, everything comes in threes. I went to do a cleaning on my sump because I had time. So I go to unplug the power strip I have my sump plugged into and I hear a “plunk” as my Refugium light flops down and fries itself. Wonderful. Now I need to get a new one of those.
IMG_1450.JPG

And for my wonderful night so far I was putting everything back together in the sump and I went and grabbed a heater, brought it around my body to the sump and *smash* shattered the heater in my hand and the whole corner of my F***** sump. I was tempted to just sit back and give it all away. Why on earth did that all have to happen in a 1 hr time period of feeding the fish. Atop of that payday isn’t until Thursday, bills need to be paid, and I have graduation stuff I have to work on.
IMG_1448.JPG

This is one never ending adventure.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you are going through this Zack. :(

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is what it is. Never expect anything less. Things will blow over and the 150 will be wet before we bat an eye

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree there’s credence to PaulB’s methods, but find them to be nearly impossible for the majority of hobbyists to follow in full.

Warning, do not use my methods. I am just a retired, bald, senile Geezer who likes having the oldest tank on here. :p

Ford, I want to do an experiment. What tang do you recommend that is the most difficult to keep so I can try to order one to test my methods on.
If it gets to big I will ship it to you and if it croaks I will agree that my method only works on goldfish and Manta Rays. :eek:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warning, do not use my methods. I am just a retired, bald, senile Geezer who likes having the oldest tank on here. :p

Ford, I want to do an experiment. What tang do you recommend that is the most difficult to keep so I can try to order one to test my methods on.
If it gets to big I will ship it to you and if it croaks I will agree that my method only works on goldfish and Manta Rays. :eek:

Achilles tang. I’d prefer if you removed it before it died as I feel pretty bad about subjecting it to these things!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back