Zbmiedad72's tank

zbmiedad72

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
30
Location
10708 Windbrook Ct. Independence 41051
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
125 gallon tank - aqueon rimmed
Hipargero 100 watt lights x3
Hygger 1000 watt heater
Aquatop MaxFlow MWV-2000 wavemaker x4
Eco Reef 400 sump system
Aquavitro Division 250
Aquarium Masters overflow system 1000
Aqua-Mag 9.5 return pump

Picture is pre-sump.

20250202_112615.jpg
 
Last edited:
nice, lots of real estate to work with! Those lights look mounted quite low, that's gonna be a lot of PAR.
They are unfortunately very low, limited by surrounding environment.

Being very new to anything other than a "standard" bulb for freshwater. I haven't even researched light levels.
 
They are unfortunately very low, limited by surrounding environment.

Being very new to anything other than a "standard" bulb for freshwater. I haven't even researched light levels.
if you're worried about light spillage, you could look into adding shrouds/barn doors to the fixtures. I did this on my refugium, works like a charm: https://amzn.to/3QwNVCh

1740541283087.png
 
if you're worried about light spillage, you could look into adding shrouds/barn doors to the fixtures. I did this on my refugium, works like a charm: https://amzn.to/3QwNVCh

1740541283087.png
I'll probably be worried aboutl ight spillage in the sump refugium section, when i get that finished. I just cannot make the display lights any higher.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new