Zebra turbo snails/ gelidium

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about a year ago just when everything in my reef finally started going good suddenly there was gelidium. the prospect of getting rid of it wasn't too good I tried picking it off, getting mexican turbo snail, banded trochus snails & finally taking all the rocks out & using a 50 percent hydrogen peroxide/RO water bath. the snails wouldn't touch the stuff thought the peroxide worked as it turned bright red but a few weeks later it started to come back carefully picking it off just kept it under control. last week I saw some zebra turbo snails got 2 of them just because they were pretty I hadn't seen any that color before
anyway to my complete amazement last night they almost completely wiped it out only leaving a few fronds right where the sps are encrusting. so for all you that have it there is some hope go get you some! :wink::xd::smile::bigsmile:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that's great to know! So how long did it actually take?

OP
OP
spscrazy

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almost overnight & it was pretty bad on 2 big rock & was trying hard to spread to others I think the key to them finally eating it was because they had to thru this forum I got all the right info to finally get all other algae out & they really didn't have anything else to munch on so thanks to all the r2r members for all the info & time to teach others how to do stuff to make their tanks beautiful

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back