Zeolight before adding corals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive recently started my new 1000L tank and I will use zeolight in it. Can/should I use all ingredients even if I haven't added corals yet? Is the color elements and reef vitality for example needed with no corals? Or ultra min s?

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to be running Zeovit, AquaForest or some other zeolites?
Zeovit and AquaForest both have their own forums with lots of helpful information and support specific to their respected offerings.

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to be running Zeovit, AquaForest or some other zeolites?
Zeovit and AquaForest both have their own forums with lots of helpful information and support specific to their respected offerings.
No, zeolight. Hence the fauna marin forum :)

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Vidofner,

Color Elements are not actually needed until you begin stocking the tank with coral.

Min S, Coral Balance, Reef Vitality, and Zeo-Light media can be used right at the beginning. :)

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Vidofner,

Color Elements are not actually needed until you begin stocking the tank with coral.

Min S, Coral Balance, Reef Vitality, and Zeo-Light media can be used right at the beginning. :)
Thanks for answering! One question though. I dont see anything about coral balance in the zeolight manual. Is it required or nice to have? :)

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Balance was not in the original manual, but was later added to help with removing harmful trace elements and toxins from the water.

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated manual can be found here:
http://cm-distributors.com/brands/fauna-marin/product-manuals/

Do you have the air nozzle connected to the larger Zeomatic pump? Once the larger pump turns on, air will be injected into the reactor body after about 30 seconds. Check all your hose connections too.
Yes, it is connected to the bigger pump but will barely draw any air at all if it sits at the bottom of the sump. If I lift it up so the pipe is just under the surface then i will draw air, so do I need to build a shelf for it to raise it from the bottom?
Im using Zeomatic 2.2 with about 1 kg of zeolight stones in it. Is it perhaps to much stone for the pump to be able to push enough water through it? According to specifications the reactor goes up to 1000 liters which is 1 kg of zeo stones so I guess it shouldn't be to heavy, right?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that amount of stones shouldn't be the problem. Raise the reactor enough so that it is sitting in about 21-23cm of water and you should be good to go. :)

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question: the schedule for reef vitality changed from every 4 days to every two weeks (ie every 3.5 days) in the new manual

Is that difference of half a day really important? Id rather dose every 4 days since coral balance has that schedule and then they could both be dosed at the same day

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Vitality can be dosed either every 4 days or 2x/week. If dosing every 4 days works best for you, go with that option. :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back