Zeospur2 and Spongespower - Woe!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see photos of the effect described. Thanks.

ed4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The active ingredient in ZS2 is copper. In mild and diluted form, this will cause the zoozanthellae to be expelled from corals. I can also attest that it works very well and should NOT be overdosed. New dosages should try 1/2 to 3/4. It's even recommended on the bottle label to go easy w/ this stuff.

Those with ZS2 and a Cu test kit can verify the copper content in this stuff. When diluted ZS2 is tested using a copper test kit, the readings are still off the charts.

When poured into the KZ white cap, you can see the blue tint in the ZS2.

HTH :)

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The active ingredient in ZS2 is copper. In mild and diluted form, this will cause the zoozanthellae to be expelled from corals. I can also attest that it works very well and should NOT be overdosed. New dosages should try 1/2 to 3/4. It's even recommended on the bottle label to go easy w/ this stuff.

Those with ZS2 and a Cu test kit can verify the copper content in this stuff. When diluted ZS2 is tested using a copper test kit, the readings are still off the charts.

When poured into the KZ white cap, you can see the blue tint in the ZS2.

HTH :)

LOL I didn't see the "Take is easy" part on the bottle! Maybe it was only in German?

Small update, my corals are recovering quickly from the 'normal dose' (which is basically an overdose).

My Cali Tort looks spectacular.

ed4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah :)

I primarily use PX, PIF, K Bal, CV, CS. I rarely use ZS2, and I have all those (expensive) blue bottles :(

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would post an update as to how my SPS were doing. Everything is doing very well, the color has come back more vibrant than before on all of the effected corals. My green stag is finally looking green again.

I would definitely recommend zeospur2 to anyone who has a couple of stubborn brown corals (not a tank full of brown corals). Again, keep dosage minimal, start at 1/4 dose.

Back