ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
image.jpg

Just bought the acroglow on black friday will give it a try to see what it can do in 6 months

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool setup. My only thing with zeovit is it seems to require so much additional equipment OR extreme manual dosing on the tank.
maybe I’m wrong as I don’t know anyone personally who has ran it. That is just what I’ve always heard.

Corey

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool setup. My only thing with zeovit is it seems to require so much additional equipment OR extreme manual dosing on the tank.
maybe I’m wrong as I don’t know anyone personally who has ran it. That is just what I’ve always heard.

Corey
Yes and no every system require dosing. If u don't want to add doser then u can manually dose it. U don't have to dose everything that they sell just for the foundation only 3 zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ycnibrc How do you continue dosing when you go away for the weekend or vacation? I realize that many products can be automatically dosed, but what about the products that are typically manually doses? Do you have someone do that for you when you aren’t able to?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ycnibrc How do you continue dosing when you go away for the weekend or vacation? I realize that many products can be automatically dosed, but what about the products that are typically manually doses? Do you have someone do that for you when you aren’t able to?
You can skip no negative effects

scubaX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and no every system require dosing. If u don't want to add doser then u can manually dose it. U don't have to dose everything that they sell just for the foundation only 3 zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power.

which products are you dosing through the dosing pumps ? And which ones do you dilute with RO/DI water

Thank you , appreciate you’re input to helpus out .

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
which products are you dosing through the dosing pumps ? And which ones do you dilute with RO/DI water

Thank you , appreciate you’re input to helpus out .
I dose most of them through dosing pump beside zeobak n Coral vitalizer. The only one u can dilute is zeostart3 however I bought the ghl doser so I can dose 4ml of zeostart3 per day without dilute with rodi. I might try to dose Coral vitalizer but with a bigger tube like the Maxi doser or the new ecotech doser. The new ghl doser has a good feature that u can reverse and drain everything back to the bottle so nothing stay in the tubing.

afuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose most of them through dosing pump beside zeobak n Coral vitalizer. The only one u can dilute is zeostart3 however I bought the ghl doser so I can dose 4ml of zeostart3 per day without dilute with rodi. I might try to dose Coral vitalizer but with a bigger tube like the Maxi doser or the new ecotech doser. The new ghl doser has a good feature that u can reverse and drain everything back to the bottle so nothing stay in the tubing.
That’s fascinating I was going to ask about the refrigerated product sitting the tubing but that takes care of it

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a baby cooler to store some of those drop bottle from zeovit. Now I can hook up my ghl doser and dose amino, acroglow and sponge power.
9B96EE95-FDCE-48F7-94F9-685FB780905A.jpeg
8DD5F287-7D76-4ACD-967D-0108BD0EFEF2.jpeg
794B3E6F-6485-4C2A-BDCE-FDF82E769710.jpeg
how is the mini fridge working out? I’ve thought about buying one to keep near my tank but reviews are all over the place.

afuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to point out that most tanks that I’ve seen using zeovit have pastel looking corals with the exception of yours. Is there anything that you are doing using zeovit or not doing that promotes this coloration in your corals

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to point out that most tanks that I’ve seen using zeovit have pastel looking corals with the exception of yours. Is there anything that you are doing using zeovit or not doing that promotes this coloration in your corals
I run a higher nutrients level. Instead of zero ulns I run my po4 0.1 and po3 10ppm.

toejam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bottles need refrigerated and what bottles dont?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back