zeovit and how I dose it

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ycnibrc So you said you aren’t running zeo rock anymore, does that mean you don’t have a zeo reactor online? If you are running this without a zeo reactor I’m very interested in starting this. I did order the kz amino acid concentrate, coral vitalizer, coral snow, and trace element 4 pack for non zeo systems. I wanted to try the brand out. It seems now that I could run the bacteria’s too without a zeo reactor though? Any thoughts are appreciated. Tank is a 90 gal, year and a half old tank on triton/Red Sea hybrid method with tropic marin pro salt.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ycnibrc or anyone else - my Nitrates and Phosphates are at ideal levels, but I'm trying to get more beneficial bacteria in my tank. Would dosing just Zeobak be acceptable, or do you need to use ZeoStart3, ZeoFood, etc as well? I'm hoping to just use the Zeobak, as I started with all dead rock and dead sand so I need more bacteria sources.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ycnibrc or anyone else - my Nitrates and Phosphates are at ideal levels, but I'm trying to get more beneficial bacteria in my tank. Would dosing just Zeobak be acceptable, or do you need to use ZeoStart3, ZeoFood, etc as well? I'm hoping to just use the Zeobak, as I started with all dead rock and dead sand so I need more bacteria sources.
Zeobak and sponge power will be adequate for your tank.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since I don't do water change I decide to try the zeovit color system 1, 2 and 4. I already have the amino acid so I skip #3. Looking at the ingredients it contains mostly trace elements. I will update if any changes in my tank.
B8623CA6-21B2-49C6-BC61-184A8DD47930.jpeg

Since there is no zeovit forum on R2R I want to make this thread dedicated to zeovit q&a. I will try to my best of my ability to answer and if I needed help I will ask Alexander from the zeovit forum to chime in.

toejam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run this without the zeovit media and just use more zeostart3 for nutrient control?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you run this without the zeovit media and just use more zeostart3 for nutrient control?
Yes u can each additive have their own use. U can chose what u need and dose it. However to get the full effect of zeovit color u need to go full zeovit.

toejam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you stop using your avast reactor, did you replace it with something else?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why did you stop using your avast reactor, did you replace it with something else?
The design has flaw. The plate is very hard to remove because the little pebble got caught between the plate n the reactor body. It is loud and the spring get rusted even when I paint it. I replace it with the skimz large zeovit reactor

toejam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanted to lower your nutrients say to zero what would you have to do, more zeostart3?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you wanted to lower your nutrients say to zero what would you have to do, more zeostart3?
It doesn’t work like that. Zeostart3 only recommend at full dose anymore after that might hurt the fish. To reduce nutrients u need to know where is the source and reduce it example feeding, bio load , rodi water etc. u can get a better skimmer to extract organic waste and step up water change.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting this, following along. I’m considering Zeovit on my tank. It’s about 5mo old.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for posting this, following along. I’m considering Zeovit on my tank. It’s about 5mo old.
Your welcome any question just post. There is no zeovit forum on R2R so I make this thread to help reefer with zeovit questions.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am about to start a 180 g (220 total volume) SPS dominate Zeovit tank and I am looking for advice.

- What are the biggest mistakes newbies make and how to avoid them?
- What do you suggest to set up for success?
- One one think did you do that had the most success?

I have already purchased the Avast Marine vibe, 2L version. I plan on running Seachem Carbonmatix in a Bashsea reactor. I also purchased a Bashsea twisted Skimmer (because it looked so cool!). Sump is a Trigger CR44. Crystal Dynamics is the manufacturer and hoping it will ship sometime next week.

Current tank is a Waterbox 75.2 mixed. It is not a Zeovit tank. I have had moderate success. It looks great but I struggle with hair algae from time to time. I just started a Turf Scrubber on that system.

I attend SCMAS meetings pretty regularly so if you do as well, I would love to pick your brain on Zeovit.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want carbon in a reactor for Zeovit and you want a Venturi skimmer like recommended from Zeovit.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want carbon in a reactor for Zeovit and you want a Venturi skimmer like recommended from Zeovit.

Thank you Hemmdog. What is the difference between the skimmers? I thought they ran the same. Also, does running carbon in reactor make it too aggressive?

Looks like I already started off wrong :(

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back