zeovit and how I dose it

  • Thread starter Thread starter ycnibrc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
@ycnibrc So you said you aren’t running zeo rock anymore, does that mean you don’t have a zeo reactor online? If you are running this without a zeo reactor I’m very interested in starting this. I did order the kz amino acid concentrate, coral vitalizer, coral snow, and trace element 4 pack for non zeo systems. I wanted to try the brand out. It seems now that I could run the bacteria’s too without a zeo reactor though? Any thoughts are appreciated. Tank is a 90 gal, year and a half old tank on triton/Red Sea hybrid method with tropic marin pro salt.
 
@ycnibrc or anyone else - my Nitrates and Phosphates are at ideal levels, but I'm trying to get more beneficial bacteria in my tank. Would dosing just Zeobak be acceptable, or do you need to use ZeoStart3, ZeoFood, etc as well? I'm hoping to just use the Zeobak, as I started with all dead rock and dead sand so I need more bacteria sources.
 
@ycnibrc or anyone else - my Nitrates and Phosphates are at ideal levels, but I'm trying to get more beneficial bacteria in my tank. Would dosing just Zeobak be acceptable, or do you need to use ZeoStart3, ZeoFood, etc as well? I'm hoping to just use the Zeobak, as I started with all dead rock and dead sand so I need more bacteria sources.
Zeobak and sponge power will be adequate for your tank.
 
Since I don't do water change I decide to try the zeovit color system 1, 2 and 4. I already have the amino acid so I skip #3. Looking at the ingredients it contains mostly trace elements. I will update if any changes in my tank.
B8623CA6-21B2-49C6-BC61-184A8DD47930.jpeg


Since there is no zeovit forum on R2R I want to make this thread dedicated to zeovit q&a. I will try to my best of my ability to answer and if I needed help I will ask Alexander from the zeovit forum to chime in.
 
G. Alexander had possibly the most beautiful sps tank I have ever seen. He is the zeovit king.
 
Can you run this without the zeovit media and just use more zeostart3 for nutrient control?
 
Can you run this without the zeovit media and just use more zeostart3 for nutrient control?
Yes u can each additive have their own use. U can chose what u need and dose it. However to get the full effect of zeovit color u need to go full zeovit.
 
Why did you stop using your avast reactor, did you replace it with something else?
 
Why did you stop using your avast reactor, did you replace it with something else?
The design has flaw. The plate is very hard to remove because the little pebble got caught between the plate n the reactor body. It is loud and the spring get rusted even when I paint it. I replace it with the skimz large zeovit reactor
 
If you wanted to lower your nutrients say to zero what would you have to do, more zeostart3?
 
If you wanted to lower your nutrients say to zero what would you have to do, more zeostart3?
It doesn’t work like that. Zeostart3 only recommend at full dose anymore after that might hurt the fish. To reduce nutrients u need to know where is the source and reduce it example feeding, bio load , rodi water etc. u can get a better skimmer to extract organic waste and step up water change.
 
Thanks for posting this, following along. I’m considering Zeovit on my tank. It’s about 5mo old.
 
Thanks for posting this, following along. I’m considering Zeovit on my tank. It’s about 5mo old.
Your welcome any question just post. There is no zeovit forum on R2R so I make this thread to help reefer with zeovit questions.
 
Hi, I am about to start a 180 g (220 total volume) SPS dominate Zeovit tank and I am looking for advice.

- What are the biggest mistakes newbies make and how to avoid them?
- What do you suggest to set up for success?
- One one think did you do that had the most success?

I have already purchased the Avast Marine vibe, 2L version. I plan on running Seachem Carbonmatix in a Bashsea reactor. I also purchased a Bashsea twisted Skimmer (because it looked so cool!). Sump is a Trigger CR44. Crystal Dynamics is the manufacturer and hoping it will ship sometime next week.

Current tank is a Waterbox 75.2 mixed. It is not a Zeovit tank. I have had moderate success. It looks great but I struggle with hair algae from time to time. I just started a Turf Scrubber on that system.

I attend SCMAS meetings pretty regularly so if you do as well, I would love to pick your brain on Zeovit.
 
You don’t want carbon in a reactor for Zeovit and you want a Venturi skimmer like recommended from Zeovit.
 
You don’t want carbon in a reactor for Zeovit and you want a Venturi skimmer like recommended from Zeovit.

Thank you Hemmdog. What is the difference between the skimmers? I thought they ran the same. Also, does running carbon in reactor make it too aggressive?

Looks like I already started off wrong :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new