ZEOvit Frag System?

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Waterbox 100.3 that was intended to be a display system. However, I decided to turn it into a frag system after living arrangements changed. Now, I'm working on setting up a 40-gallon breeder to replace the Waterbox with because I hate the dimensions of the Waterbox.

In the meantime, I have been looking at photos of ZEOvit systems, and I have been impressed with the aesthetics of them. So, I have been toying with the idea of slowly transitioning my system over to a ZEOvit system when I have things situated. However, I don't know whether it would be worth running ZEOvit on a frag system. I do not plan to have a display system for a few years, at a minimum. Honestly, I could do without a display system for the rest of my life and enjoy having only a frag system because I like being able to have the freedoms of moving corals around (if needed) and trading and selling them.

Would using the ZEOvit system on a frag system cause issues for the recipients of frags of my corals if they are not using the ZEOvit system? Specifically, would transitioning directly from a ZEOvit system (mine) to a non-ZEOvit system (theirs) cause issues for the corals due to drastic changes?

I would love to know if you have a frag system that is ran by ZEOvit, and, if so, what have your experiences been?

Maybe I should tag @ycnibrc in this. :cool:

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Zeovit is just a method of keeping Sps therefore frag or display tank it doesn't matter. U just calculate the volume and dose accordingly. Zeovit has multiple additive to enhance colors so u can tweak your colors to your taste example lighter or darker. If u do it correctly zeovit will provide an excellent water parameters close to seawaters which is ultimum for Sps.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit is just a method of keeping Sps therefore frag or display tank it doesn't matter. U just calculate the volume and dose accordingly. Zeovit has multiple additive to enhance colors so u can tweak your colors to your taste example lighter or darker. If u do it correctly zeovit will provide an excellent water parameters close to seawaters which is ultimum for Sps.
Do you foresee any issues when transitioning an existing system over to ZEOvit, or would it be best to implement the ZEOvit system from the beginning of a new system?

Would it be best to get the frag system up and running with ZEOvit products from the start and then move my corals into it, or would it be best to move my corals into the frag system and then slowly transition it over to ZEOvit? Does it matter?

Last edited:

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Start from the beginning is always best. Just do the zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power for 6 months then u can play with other additive. Flatworm stop and Coral vitalizer are very good. Remember dose 50% for 4 months then add 1 drop each month. Example your tank is 7 drops per week then dose 4 drops per week the first 4 months then add 1 drop per week per month until reaching full dose. Observing your tank and adjust up or down

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start from the beginning is always best. Just do the zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power for 6 months then u can play with other additive. Flatworm stop and Coral vitalizer are very good. Remember dose 50% for 4 months then add 1 drop each month. Example your tank is 7 drops per week then dose 4 drops per week the first 4 months then add 1 drop per week per month until reaching full dose. Observing your tank and adjust up or down
I currently dose FlatwormStop and Coral Booster since I am battling a small population of AEFW, so I plan to keep dosing FlatwormStop indefinitely.

If I understand the transition correctly, my plan should be:
  • Get my frag system plumbed and running
  • Start dosing ZEOvit products (ZEObak, ZEOstart, Sponge Power) at 50% of recommended amounts
  • Move corals into frag system from current system
  • Continue dosing at 50% until full doses are reached over time
Does that seem like an appropriate plan? If so, then should I wait a certain amount of time before moving corals into the frag system? I ask because I will be using cycled media and rock to start the frag system, so I will have an available bacteria population at the start of the frag system.

I apologize for all of the questions. I just want to ensure that I understand the system and process before jumping into it.

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently dose FlatwormStop and Coral Booster since I am battling a small population of AEFW, so I plan to keep dosing FlatwormStop indefinitely.

If I understand the transition correctly, my plan should be:
  • Get my frag system plumbed and running
  • Start dosing ZEOvit products (ZEObak, ZEOstart, Sponge Power) at 50% of recommended amounts
  • Move corals into frag system from current system
  • Continue dosing at 50% until full doses are reached over time
Does that seem like an appropriate plan? If so, then should I wait a certain amount of time before moving corals into the frag system? I ask because I will be using cycled media and rock to start the frag system, so I will have an available bacteria population at the start of the frag system.

I apologize for all of the questions. I just want to ensure that I understand the system and process before jumping into it.
For me zeovit or regular I will wait until 6 months to add Sps. U can try a few after 3 months and see how they do then go from there.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me zeovit or regular I will wait until 6 months to add Sps. U can try a few after 3 months and see how they do then go from there.
The issue that concerns me is I am not able to have more than one tank since I live in an apartment. So, once I get my frag tank set up, I would need to transfer my SPS into the frag tank and dismantle my Waterbox. I thought that may be alright because my Waterbox has been set up for 1.5 years, and I would simply move everything over to the frag system, making the change in water volume the only difference between the systems.

Maybe this is not a good time to transition to a ZEOvit system.

Back