Getting a forum for zeovit user

• Total voters

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because accumulation and residual numbers on test kits are fools gold and availability of the "nutrients" before they make it "to the end" is where the prize is. Throughput and availability is what makes Zeo thrive... and a lot of other tanks, for that matter. This is one of the most missed parts of reefing that needs focused on more.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The reason I want to have a place to post question and answer for zeovit is to make it easier for me and others to find. Sometime I want to post but to find the thread I have to go to my thread and look for it. I plan to post each additive and explain what it does and how to dose it but I'm not going to create 10 thread lol

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I want to have a place to post question and answer for zeovit is to make it easier for me and others to find. Sometime I want to post but to find the thread I have to go to my thread and look for it. I plan to post each additive and explain what it does and how to dose it but I'm not going to create 10 thread lol

I think that this great, but with an advanced method like this, you are going to need to set a baseline for people to have an advanced understanding of biology and chemistry. Nobody will be able to just do what you do and have the same success. This is why the people who have the most success with Zeo tailor the application to their tanks and they can only do so becuase they have good understanding. The ones who just blindly do the steps have never had much success.

BTW - the English forum on Zeo's website has lots of great info on it. ...probably lots of great info in the other languages, but I would not know for sure.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever do get this going, the first thing that needs to happen is the banning of terms like ULNS or low nutrient. Zeo tanks have more "nutrients" in them than nearly any other tank... they just don't allow them to accumulate. There is a huge difference here that if all reefers understood, then the hobby would be easier for all and advice on the board would be better.

Zeo can be hard because nobody runs it the same way, it seems. All tailor it a bit to their own needs and there is no universal way to apply. If one thing can be said about all Zeo users, it is that they all have an acute knowledge of their tanks and what their tanks need. I have often supposed that anybody with these skills can be super successful with any method that they choose and not just ZeoVit... that is is the dedication, patience and understanding that makes them successful.
This is very true, each system is different and application is totally different from one tank to another. This is why instructions are not easily understood and dosing amounts can vary, a tank full of frags won't consume at same volume or rate. This can lead to a low dose in a mature tank, to an overdose in a less mature tank, based on dosing instructions. I agree, the idea is to import heavy as well as heavy export, so really a high nutrient feeding coupled with coral foods and supplements, with aggressive export in mind. I believe you might prefer a bac driven system, vs ULNS, as these systems are one route to achieve low or ultra low nutrient levels, at least by what our hobbyist test kit reveals at time of testing. I like to mention that automation of these systems can be tricky, so those who vacation or travel might be put off by ZeoVit or other similar system. The system requires daily split daily dosing, and bacteria usually require refrigeration, so again, automation not as simple. Basically it is a system that also takes time to understand and is fir very dedicated hobbyist.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Successful Zeo people have their eyes on their tank in a good way at least daily, if not more. They are not looking to be hands off.

With advanced knowledge of biology and chemistry allowing for smart decisions combined with constant personal contact and interaction with your tank, it is no wonder why they are successful.

The age-old argument when Zeo was more popular was if Zeo was the reason, or the knowledge and dedication was the reason. I never really cared since it was working for these people.

In any case, lay the foundation of dedication and knowledge and you will have a great forum. The dosing, bacteria, chemicals and media will not work if they are not built upon this.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about just make subsection that just deals with coloration, growth and things that need better answers than "you need stable parameters". Just call it Advanced Acropora Care or something because lets be honest that acros are the only sps that anyone in here truly cares about.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there
I'm thinking about asking the R2R management to create a separate forum for zeovit. Lately I have seen increasing amount of zeovit user and more questions have been ask and answer however most were through pm. Since my goal is to share my knowledge about zeovit and help out those who's interested in the method. If we can post everything and anything related to zeovit in a designated forum it will be much easier for everyone to access either to ask or answer questions. I have a few zeo experts from Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia and England who will help out. Please share your thoughts and hopefully the R2R management will granted the request
Yes please! There’s already enough mystery around the system even though there are tons of proven tanks. Would love to have a specific community here for it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back