Zeovit reef tanks of the world

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy this thread.

When should KZ be started in a new system? Having trouble finding alot of info on KZ.

Not trying to high jack this thread but seen alot of questions being throw out there.

Rob62391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a quick question on flow rate. I have 50 net gallons of water in my system I'm using .5L of zeolites in a aquamaxx 1L zeoreactor. I have it dialed all the way down to it lowest flow setting and I'm at approximately 90 gph. My question is, is that to much flow? should I be down closer to 50 gph? I'm 14 days into the new system cycle and haven't seen any problems (algae or otherwise) yet.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just a quick question on flow rate. I have 50 net gallons of water in my system I'm using .5L of zeolites in a aquamaxx 1L zeoreactor. I have it dialed all the way down to it lowest flow setting and I'm at approximately 90 gph. My question is, is that to much flow? should I be down closer to 50 gph? I'm 14 days into the new system cycle and haven't seen any problems (algae or otherwise) yet.
Zeovit recommenced 100g per liter of zeolite however its not detrimental if you go more. Its about observation on your tank. U can always reduce the zeolite rock.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really enjoy this thread.

When should KZ be started in a new system? Having trouble finding alot of info on KZ.

Not trying to high jack this thread but seen alot of questions being throw out there.
I have a thread explaining how to dose zeovit. It might give u more inside info.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's kind of cool that BRS re introduce the zeovit back into their 180g tank. I'm excited to see if their results will entice more following on the method.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kind of cool that BRS re introduce the zeovit back into their 180g tank. I'm excited to see if their results will entice more following on the method.
The way they talked about it definitely influenced me to use the system on my new tank!

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even remember the last time I saw a true zeo tank, with the pastel light coloration and all. Such a shame, I love that look.
I’m going Zeo method, but I doubt I will use the zeospur for that classic pastel coloration. I’m doing it for the coral health/growth. Plus it’s a proven system that keeps you tuned into your tank. I feel like with all of the names corals and specific coloring people are trying to achieve, the pastel colors won’t compliment that.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe to get that look u need to use all t5. Nowadays led has too much blue

Yea t5 makes it bolder it any tank using zeospur can achieve the pastel look, I don’t think leds have anything to do with it unless your scared to turn on your white channels. And if that’s the case that’s their loss.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going Zeo method, but I doubt I will use the zeospur for that classic pastel coloration. I’m doing it for the coral health/growth. Plus it’s a proven system that keeps you tuned into your tank. I feel like with all of the names corals and specific coloring people are trying to achieve, the pastel colors won’t compliment that.

We will never know if people don’t try, I think you would be suprised what some of their products can do with just a tiny bit of the zeospur. But I do see what your saying. If you stay away from the tenuis with the minute color variations you would probably have taken care of that thought though.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea t5 makes it bolder it any tank using zeospur can achieve the pastel look, I don’t think leds have anything to do with it unless your scared to turn on your white channels. And if that’s the case that’s their loss.
The spectrum of t5 and led is different. The old zeovit tank in the 90 are running on t5 and the combination of bulb are not all blue plus. The color of Sps is definitely effected by the spectrum. Nowadays the heavy blue spectrum bring out much more colors. I use zeospur2 and it does make the Coral look lighter but if you use radion with heavy blue then it doesn't matter.
Another note the corals in the old zeovit tank were different than now more table kind and lighter color to begin with.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spectrum of t5 and led is different. The old zeovit tank in the 90 are running on t5 and the combination of bulb are not all blue plus. The color of Sps is definitely effected by the spectrum. Nowadays the heavy blue spectrum bring out much more colors. I use zeospur2 and it does make the Coral look lighter but if you use radion with heavy blue then it doesn't matter.
Another note the corals in the old zeovit tank were different than now more table kind and lighter color to begin with.

I would say you can defiantly get pastel colors using led and zeospur. You just gotta be willing to use the white channel and have ultra low nutrients, which most led users are not interested in. Shoot you can get pastel colors with led and NO zeospur. The pastel look will still be there with led but if you use mostly all blue the lighter colors are going to reflect the blue back at us and not appear as pastel, is that what your trying to say?
I have not seen heavy blue tanks bring out more colors. I have seen filters on cameras and phones bring out “more” colors but mostly blue led just changes how the colors appear to us, doesn’t really change the actual corals color. Or am I way off? I would say white light is what brings out more color. Every yellow coral I have seen in someone’s blue tank ends up being a mostly green coral. It’s so bad these days that when someone says they have a yellow coral I just assume it’s green. Ime white light is the way to get true blue, yellow and orange hues.
I am curious if any reefers across the pond are running full zeo with led fixture channels at 100%. I would expect so, but in the us it’s probably rare.
Corals are the same as when zeo was popular but maybe some better color variants which is expected as the hobby progresses and farmers learn what interests us. There are still tons of tables coming in but people’s interests are what has changed. What do you mean they were a lighter color to begin with?
Sorry I sound like I am trying to argue but I am just trying to spark conversation is all :)

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say you can defiantly get pastel colors using led and zeospur. You just gotta be willing to use the white channel and have ultra low nutrients, which most led users are not interested in. Shoot you can get pastel colors with led and NO zeospur. The pastel look will still be there with led but if you use mostly all blue the lighter colors are going to reflect the blue back at us and not appear as pastel, is that what your trying to say?
I have not seen heavy blue tanks bring out more colors. I have seen filters on cameras and phones bring out “more” colors but mostly blue led just changes how the colors appear to us, doesn’t really change the actual corals color. Or am I way off? I would say white light is what brings out more color. Every yellow coral I have seen in someone’s blue tank ends up being a mostly green coral. It’s so bad these days that when someone says they have a yellow coral I just assume it’s green. Ime white light is the way to get true blue, yellow and orange hues.
I am curious if any reefers across the pond are running full zeo with led fixture channels at 100%. I would expect so, but in the us it’s probably rare.
Corals are the same as when zeo was popular but maybe some better color variants which is expected as the hobby progresses and farmers learn what interests us. There are still tons of tables coming in but people’s interests are what has changed. What do you mean they were a lighter color to begin with?
Sorry I sound like I am trying to argue but I am just trying to spark conversation is all :)
No argument here just observation. Led is not easy to adjust but WWC has really good with led their tank is gorgeous.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those of you who want to start zeovit if u have any questions please don’t hesitate to pm me. I will try my best to answer your questions. I know in the beginning it’s confusing and intimidating because of so many things to dose but its not too bad when you start to understand the roll and effects of each additive

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked the Starter Package and a bottle of Sponge Power during the BRS sale. I been reading a lot on Zeo, created a spreadsheets to track dosing but have to deal with dino or diatoms first. If everything goes well in a month or two might start dosing. Tank is a small IM20 gallon.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who want to start zeovit if u have any questions please don’t hesitate to pm me. I will try my best to answer your questions. I know in the beginning it’s confusing and intimidating because of so many things to dose but its not too bad when you start to understand the roll and effects of each additive

Anthony, thank you for being so available to us, i know i have messaged you plenty of time and i appreciate the quick answers and advice.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back