Zetlight E200S

mx36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the Zetlight E200S on their refugium? What are your thoughts on it? Can not seem to find any reviews on that model. I only Have about 12" from the top of the water surface to the top of the stand so I am needing something like this as I think the kessils lights would be to close to the water surface. The depth of the water is only about 10".

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not, but lets see if some else is on today that can help:)

#reefsquad

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. Refugeum is half of a 55g tank... 24" x 12" x 18".

It's got it's own controller in it, connect via wifi, intensity, color, ramping, etc. It's a bit odd in how it's configured, but once you figure out what they're doing, it seems to work OK. Remembers it's settings after a power outage.

Form is pretty compact. Quality of construction is very good. Rubber sealed, etc. Easy to wipe down the face when it needs it. Included flex mount works fine.

I've got C. Mexicana and Chaetomorpha growing under this light. Both grow well.

I've got a bit of an issue with bubble algae in my display tank. I'm currently trying to cut duration and intensity of tank lighting in order to rid myself of it. So far, so good. It's taking a while, but I've seen a substantial reduction in bubble algae.

allaboutmojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greybeard...would you mind sharing the settings for each of the 4 channels that you are using, successfully?

allaboutmojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greybeard...would you mind sharing the settings for each of the 4 channels that you are using, successfully?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A=42%
B=100%
C=100%
D=100%

I'm ramping up to those values, and ramping down in the morning... Total duration 12 hours on.

C. Mexicana, which I've tried to eradicate from my refugeum several times... keeps coming back :)
Chatomorpha grows well.

IMHO, if you can't grow macro algae, it's unlikely to be a lighting problem. This stuff will grow under just about any light. I used to grow macro algae under cheap grow bulbs... got friends that still do. Low nutrient levels are a much more likely cause for failing to grow macro algae.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back