Zoa colony slowly disappearing!

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The zoa colony on the right has been slowly decreasing in numbers since January, when I moved my tank. Before, this particular colony went from just a few polyps to 80+ in just six months. Now, as my other zoas continue to grow, this colony just gets smaller. I did notice asterinias in my tank a couple months back and tried to banish the ones I could to the sump...I know there are still some in the dt, I just never see them. I would think if it were asterinas eating my zoas, it wouldn't just be one particular colony! Then again, maybe they're super-delicious. Any other ideas what the problem could be, besides asterinas?

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The zoa colony on the right has been slowly decreasing in numbers since January, when I moved my tank. Before, this particular colony went from just a few polyps to 80+ in just six months. Now, as my other zoas continue to grow, this colony just gets smaller. I did notice asterinias in my tank a couple months back and tried to banish the ones I could to the sump...I know there are still some in the dt, I just never see them. I would think if it were asterinas eating my zoas, it wouldn't just be one particular colony! Then again, maybe they're super-delicious. Any other ideas what the problem could be, besides asterinas?
I always forget to attach the pictures...

Attachments

• 20210407_160207.jpg
    20210407_160207.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 27

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back