Zoa Color Pop??

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone,
Posting a question today about what light settings to use to get good color pop even while growing out my Zoa's not only to look amazing in pictures but also for people visiting my tank in person. I currently run two Ai Primes(not HD) on my 25 gallon lagoon. Below is the lighting schedule I figured was good have been running it for about two months. Note that the royal blue is deep blue on my primes(not HD). Any thoughts, opinions, tips and tricks are greatly appreciated. Have a great day ya'll.

Lighting Schedule.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best tip I can give you is not to expect your zoa's to look like the ones from most manufacturers. When you look at those pictures, check out the color of the coralline algae growing on the plugs. Many of them are color edited in unrealistic ways and the easiest way to tell is through looking at the coralline.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best tip I can give you is not to expect your zoa's to look like the ones from most manufacturers. When you look at those pictures, check out the color of the coralline algae growing on the plugs. Many of them are color edited in unrealistic ways and the easiest way to tell is through looking at the coralline.

Thank you very much. I never thought about that.

Dr.Xipoles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines actually look like the ones you get from most lfs. You must feed them a lot with reefroids and 12k to 14k lighting will do the trick.

Dr.Xipoles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have to find the sweetspot for them. My pandoras like much higher light than my purple people eaters. Took about 4-5 months for my ppe to get back their purple color from being green.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have to find the sweetspot for them. My pandoras like much higher light than my purple people eaters. Took about 4-5 months for my ppe to get back their purple color from being green.

Awesome. Thank you sir. I am in the works of making a multi height frag rack to test where my zoas like to be. Thank you.

Back