Zoa Discussion

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large colony of Zoas that seem to be suffering from some type of fungus, been reading threads about dipping but this colony is covering a large portion of a rock that forms the base of that part of the tank, removing the rock to dip would be very difficult , have been using turkey baster every day, and used tooth brush to gently brush away , has helped some but still there, sure miss happy Zoas. Any suggestion ?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungus can spread very easily and is hard to treat without taking the corals out of the tank ime. If it's white fungus that looks like mold be careful if you have a lot of zoanthids.

OP
OP
Bob Bennett

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large colony of Zoas that seem to be suffering from some type of fungus, been reading threads about dipping but this colony is covering a large portion of a rock that forms the base of that part of the tank, removing the rock to dip would be very difficult , have been using turkey baster every day, and used tooth brush to gently brush away , has helped some but still there, sure miss happy Zoas. Any suggestion ?
Here is a picture ,parameters are good,
Alki 9
Calc. 420
Mag.1300
PO3 .004
NO3 0 1495994236149-1742462894.jpg
Does not have anything that looks like mold more of a darkish film, worse on far side

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungus can spread very easily and is hard to treat without taking the corals out of the tank ime. If it's white fungus that looks like mold be careful if you have a lot of zoanthids.

Can you talk about this white fungus a little more? I have seen this on my zoas before and it's nasty. I have asked questions on this forum before about it but no one knows what it is our how to treat. I have done dips including furan 2 and nothing works.

OP
OP
Bob Bennett

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you talk about this white fungus a little more? I have seen this on my zoas before and it's nasty. I have asked questions on this forum before about it but no one knows what it is our how to treat. I have done dips including furan 2 and nothing works.
Very impressed with your school reef aquarium, lucky bunch of kids!

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No nutrients, your alk is way too high to be having zero nitrate, you should be keeping alk at natural sea water levels - 6.5-7 DKH if your running a ULNS

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back