got2envy

hello fishy fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in your tank stealing your ****
ninja.gif

So do you run the MH's at the same time as the VHO's?
I am wondering if 7 hours of 150w MH is too much for my Z & P's...it is a Sunpod and only 4 inches from the top of a 12" deep tank.

Last edited:

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my collection I'm still missing some poland mandarin oranges. come on man hook it up!!!!

you know i got it for u! Once i get home from college in a few weeks for my winter break! I already cut em so they're healing for you! They will look crazy bright in your tank.. i would love to do a trade though, we'll talk in private message about it.

Love your tank btw!

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metal halide turn on at 7:30am off at 10:30am. Vho on 10:15am off 1:30pm. Led on 1:00pm off 10:30pm. My growth is decent nothing out of this word but my zoas get huge probably to catch as much light in a short ammount of time. I've noticed the colors on my zoos are not as bright as zoos from led or t5 tanks. I dont know if its the vho or what but its making me think about an led t5 setup. But all in all i think every tank is different and what works for some doesnt work for others.

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i'm a noob don't ask me for advice lol. Today october 11 is my 1 year aniversary on this hobby. I have no idea what im doing. I do a lot of water changes thats my answer to everything lol. Thanks for your awesome compliments it makes my head swell a bit lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MMMM I love me some zoas!

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, all these finicky morphs like bloodshots and agaves and red halos all doing so well in your tank! Could you share your parameters? Sounds like you feel that magnesium is an important factor for z + p's if you're buying a salt withe xtra mag. Would help a lot of those who struggle with those morphs!

got2envy

hello fishy fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My agaves are doing terrible :(
So holla when you frag some stuff...I am in Hialeah all the time my sis lives in Hialeah Gardens :)
Mabe we can trade :p

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So holla when you frag some stuff...I am in Hialeah all the time my sis lives in Hialeah Gardens :)

I know right? Those Hawaiian morphs would grow just great and then all of a sudden decline in health. I'm in the same boat as you, which is why I'm sure we'd appreciate your help Josh! :)

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you keep the same parameters even if they're half decent everything will do good.

My parameters are PH 7.6-7.9 Calcium 440-480 Alk 10-13 dkh (lots of people don't believe me but i have them test it lol) Temp 78-81 Phosphates .10-.25
nitrite .01.

I feed my fish every night night 1 my own mix of seafood, carrot, broccoli, spinach, and fuel. night 2 mysid with spirulina powder & cyclopeeze(leave on fridge night before) night 3 formula one frozen cubes with fish flakes. When i feed i turn the main pump off and let the powerheads take the food around for 20min.

I still think water changes are the key.

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agaves are weird. They shrink up on my tank for a few months or so and then they grow pretty. I never throw away any plugs from stuff melting on me I just put in my sump and out of 10 melters 2 or 3 come back.
8077442798_2a158ea4cd_b.jpg

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm a hoarder unless I have like 30 zoas of something i don't frag. But when i frag lol everything sells very quick i don't know why........... Maria you can bring me the agaves and i can grow them for you once they get accustomed to my nasty water they will do good in your tank lol

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This are a lot bigger and do a lot better than agaves you guys might want to try. They are size of quarters. And I have not heard anyone say they melted on them.
Salted agaves
8001792819_e90fc987ac_b.jpg
They're CB right? Wish I knew somewhere else to get them other than his ebay bids. They're on my list to get, and that photo is my favorite in this whole thread!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back