Zoa eating fish, what are your experiences?

  • Thread starter Thread starter F i s h y
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Messages
10,903
Reaction score
53,971
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a fish that will help with eating my zoas. I have thousands. pulling them is time consuming and a real PITA. They are taking up real estate meant for SPS and other coral, and growing on coral that I wish they wouldn't grow on. I want to remove as many as I can safely. What fish have you kept that ate your zoas, whether you wanted them to or not?
 
I don't know if there's any certified zoa destroying fish out there.

Best bet might be a rabbitfish..... Here's the rub though, assuming you "force" the issue and feed it lightly, and then it gets a taste for zoas, whats stopping it from getting a test for other things once the zoas are gone?

PITA, sure, but probably best.

Maybe you can find someone that wants them and has live rock for trade?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new