Zoa eating nudibranch infestation

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I used flatworm exit to treat the whole tank, started at 1 drop per gallon, then 4 days later i dosed 2 drops per gallon, another 4 days I added 4 drops per gallon.

Everything else was fine from the treatment, bristle stars looked a bit drunk for a while but soon recovered.

Funnily enough, dosing Flatworm exit into your DT only becomes a problem when you have actual flatworms (planaria), due to all the toxins they release.
 
I went to Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart (ugh), and did not find the Bayer anywhere. any other places I can look before I give up and order flatworm exit?

It is Definetly there.

Go to the Plant and Garden Section.
 
@DracoKat where are you? Seems like I recall it being banned in new york or something but I can't say for sure...
 
I am in NY.. if it's banned, then that would explain why I couldn't find it. I even stopped at a large nursery on my way home from work and they didn't have it.

I will see if my LFS has the flatworm exit at least. any coral dips I should get? I have the two mentioned in the first post, any others?
 
Think that is the problem http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/95538.html
I don't know the next best option, sorry.

I will add advantage flea killer main ingredient is the same, imidacloprid. But not sure what else is in it or how it would work as a dip. Just mention as a last resort option...
 
Shame. and I won't be out of state until December at least to pick some up.

Ah well, I'll do the flatworm exit and maybe a FW dip. I'll see what else the LFS may have
 
I decided to make a garden with the zoa frags I have, putting the smaller pieces on a larger rock.

I used Coral ReVive- and quite a number of Nudibranches and worms fell off during the dip. wow. I checked for eggs, hopefully I didn't miss anything!

Its probably too soon to put them in the new tank (it finished cycling about 5 days ago), but I didn't want them to get infected again by the nudibranches.. decided to put it in the new tank rather than back in the old. Hopefully they'll be OK in there!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new