Zoa hasn't opened in weeks and has started to disappear! Need Help!

the nudi's will be the same color as the zoa,if found,def dip,and again every 5 days for eggs,and be careful ,wash hands really good after handling ,all palys/zoas,palytoxin sucks bad if you touch your eyes,use caution :cool:
 
the nudi's will be the same color as the zoa,if found,def dip,and again every 5 days for eggs,and be careful ,wash hands really good after handling ,all palys/zoas,palytoxin sucks bad if you touch your eyes,use caution :cool:
Just got the iodine dip and I have my zoa in a separate saw one of those little jerks when I blasted the coral with a small syringe. finishing up with the dip now, Thank you for the help!
 
bummer would recommend dipping every 4 days for about 2 weeks for eggs unhatched,keep eye on other zoas or poss dip them too to be safe
 
hope they do better now that the nudis are falling off it looks like! Not sure if you dip your corals before adding them but I found CoralRx to be great. I dip all my corals in that before adding and (same approach with the baster to blow water) and it is amazing how much crap comes off of them.

Anyways, just my plug for CoralRx and would recommend for potential bacterial infections too. Good luck!
 
bummer would recommend dipping every 4 days for about 2 weeks for eggs unhatched,keep eye on other zoas or poss dip them too to be safe
Will do! Fortunately these are the only zoas inn my tank. I'll be keeping them in a seperate tank until im sure they're good
 
hope they do better now that the nudis are falling off it looks like! Not sure if you dip your corals before adding them but I found CoralRx to be great. I dip all my corals in that before adding and (same approach with the baster to blow water) and it is amazing how much crap comes off of them.

Anyways, just my plug for CoralRx and would recommend for potential bacterial infections too. Good luck!
I hadn't dipped any of my corals before putting them in, inexperience and nativity had me believing it would be fine, a mistake I won't be making in the future. I used Seachem's Reef Dip as I heard it was a good option and was a bit cheaper that CoralRx, but I'll get CoralRx if it's ever on sale
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new