ZOA HELP

birddawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have a ZOA that I have had for probably close to 3 months now. For the past couple of weeks it has closed up due to Dino’s I had in the tank. I have slowly started to see Dino’s fade away, but my ZOA still hasn’t opened. Below I have posted pictures as best as I could. Is my ZOA worth saving? I can still see the purplish flesh on the plug. I also can see the yellow/orange polyp it was under the light. I just did a peroxide dip not too long ago and I know that will irritate it. How do I know a Zoa is completely dead? Please let me know if I should wait a few days to see if it opens! Thanks

IMG_5361.jpeg IMG_5360.jpeg IMG_5358.jpeg IMG_5359.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey everyone, I have a ZOA that I have had for probably close to 3 months now. For the past couple of weeks it has closed up due to Dino’s I had in the tank. I have slowly started to see Dino’s fade away, but my ZOA still hasn’t opened. Below I have posted pictures as best as I could. Is my ZOA worth saving? I can still see the purplish flesh on the plug. I also can see the yellow/orange polyp it was under the light. I just did a peroxide dip not too long ago and I know that will irritate it. How do I know a Zoa is completely dead? Please let me know if I should wait a few days to see if it opens! Thanks

IMG_5361.jpeg IMG_5360.jpeg IMG_5358.jpeg IMG_5359.jpeg
Dino release low level toxins and will have adverse effect on zoa. Rinse and give them iodine dip.
Provide medium flow and moderate light after dip but they may or may not recover

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back