Zoa I.D. from 2008

RickyRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went down memory lane looking through old pictures and found my first tank and first coral I ever purchased. I’d like to see if I can get them again but don’t know what to search for as zoas weren’t named back then. These were purchased back in July of 2008 in Florida if that helps at all. Not sure if these are still in the hobby even.

08F1BBD5-A5C0-4178-BF6A-323744C45CBE.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try Keds reds zoa

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many variants of zoas and pictures are usually filtered and photoshopped now. But the good part is, there are so many to choose from. While you may want for nostalgias sake, I’m sure you can find a similar one or some new ones that will make you happy.

OP
OP
R

RickyRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’d say that’s them. I’m not a zoa collector by any means but haven’t seen them again since I purchased them and was curious. Thanks guys!

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome I’d say that’s them. I’m not a zoa collector by any means but haven’t seen them again since I purchased them and was curious. Thanks guys!

No problem. They get mixed up with oxides and a few others because they've been around so long. It also looks like the 'tequila sunrise' name is being reused again for another strain but PZ (Planet Zoa) is old school so that's the right designation. If you have trouble finding them lmk, I can usually make a frag or two and they're not an expensive zoa.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back