Zoa I.D. Help

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help identifying some zoas. I can't get a good pic on my iphone but I can tell you that under actinics the tentacles are a vibrant fluorescent green, the outer oral disc is a dark forest green, and the inner oral disc and mouth are a pale orange. Without the actinics, the outer tentacles are still bright green, but the outer oral disc is purple, and the inner oral disc is a pale orange. Please help!!!! I'll post the best pics I can.

013.jpg
015.jpg

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that is full light. My iphone camera does not like the actinics. But I think green bay packers is what they are. I know I've seen them before but I guess I just didn't make the connection that those are what they are. I picked up the frag for $10 so I guess I got the good end of the deal :peace:

11purewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A ten dollar frag of anything is a good deal!Iusually see GBP with radio active dragon eyes zoas.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me to get anything that is a known coral is a good deal in my area. Not the best selection of livestock in these parts. I dont think they were dragon eyes as the green is solid throughout the oral disc and doesn't fit the bill of dragon eyes.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I miss read your post. I thought you had said it was not a good deal. Yes I agree it is much nicer than the usual $30 price tag.

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for the help purewater. Sorry for the mess reading lol. And if you think $10 for zoas is good you should hear I have on hold a $10 green slimer acro frag waiting for me at the one good shop in town where I got the zoas.

11purewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most LFS shop from the same source,and green slimer good deal,her's some Radio Active Dragon Eyes
020.jpg

OP
OP
N

nanoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are a solid neon green. I think liveaquaria sold them as simply neon green zoas. Surprisingly the reef shop I go to know is the only one around that gets there stock from quality sources like Sustainable Aquatics. The other stores sell really boring common corals at expensive prices. And its the only store with sps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back