zoa ID Jason Fox Cry Babies

Cost15

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
6
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I ordered these Crybabies from a local coral farm, but what I go seems to have much longer tentacles and very long stems, perhaps reaching for light but none of my other zoas are. I just want to make sure I don’t have a more toxic variety perhaps a palythoa rather than a zoanthid as I try to yank hair algae form the location. It kind of looks like a Palythoa. I attached one picture from the website of what was advertised and what I got in my tank now. What do you all think?! Thank you!

IMG_9990.jpeg IMG_0002.jpeg IMG_9994.jpeg
 
Those look like Pandora Box zoas to me. Much more similar than what they have advertised.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new