Zoa Id please

cay85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm no expert, but i would put 2 or 3 more hours of daylight on those bad boys and see what happens. maybe increase light time slowly to be safe. jmo

korndogg091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its hrd to tell exactly what they are, they look alittle bleached. They dont really look like they would be darth mauls imo.

OP
OP
B

bangoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help, I'm going to taper the lights to be 8-10hrs/day.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also agree that you should increase the photoperiod on your tank, though I don't know whether that is the reason for your smaller polyps. I would certainly not rule them out being Darth Mauls. Water/tank conditions can greatly affect the morphology and color of zoas/palys, and those do look to have the color pattern that could be indicative of a darth maul.

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 ----
I would also agree that you should increase the photoperiod on your tank, though I don't know whether that is the reason for your smaller polyps. I would certainly not rule them out being Darth Mauls. Water/tank conditions can greatly affect the morphology and color of zoas/palys, and those do look to have the color pattern that could be indicative of a darth maul.

OP
OP
B

bangoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nightmares is my quess

I have nightmares and they look different. Nightmares are more reddish/orange and has speckles on them, speaking of nightmares, how big are the polyps suppose to be??? My nightmares are growing pretty good (started with 3 and now I have 12), but they are not as big as I thought they would be, they are about the same size as japanese deepwater zoos.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back