Zoa ID

• Thread starter 154162
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

View Badges
This is my first coral, was wandering if anybody knew the name of this Zoa? So far I think it’s either: Ultra green and orange OR eagle eye Zoa?
37D5AE99-FEA6-4D33-8534-7E19406D4122.jpeg

3CCC8C38-201E-41D0-9F8A-759D3A033757.png

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ash1176, I know the name of them- they're "YOUR zoas"! :) Congratulations on your first coral!

As to their actual name, at first blush I was going to say Eagle Eyes, but on closer inspection the patterning is a bit different, so I leave it up to the true zoa heads to come up with the real ID.

OP
OP

View Badges
Ohh man it’s so hard to see hahaha so many variables
Nice zoa. It's pretty close to a black cherry or cherry sours zoa.
The cherry sour is the closest, but they seem to have a really blue center

I have the same ones... look up tiger hornet zoa.
So many different Zoa showed up under that search, but the first few defo look like them...

These are still small, do the patterns or colours change a little as the grow out?

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm going to add a few caveats 1) There's probably multiple names. Google images is a good decider- if you google image a name and see the same zoa more times than on an alternate name it's likely the first name takes precedent. 2) There's a moderately large margin of error on IDing zoas with pics from google or anywhere else. Often times the pic has been enhanced so you need to consider that as well. 3) Some of the more well-known online outfits have a penchant for rebranding stuff.

reefd00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them for?
I can't remember. Probably 3-4 months. I wish the frag had as many as yours does! I think there are 1 or 2 more since that picture. But also zoas are finicky. Some grow great, and some don't. You gotta find the right spot for them. You gotta blow them kisses every day. Then they melt. Lol.

OP
OP

View Badges
Hahahaha true! Well I’ve only had em for about 11 days so we’ll see how they grow!

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently discovered the beauty of zoas and have started to add them. I have so far gotten about 15 rhasta polyps 4 JF Kung fu fighters, some fruit loops and a plain old green small colony. Any suggestions on new ones would be great. So many to choose from and so many different names

OP
OP

View Badges
These are the ones I’m on the look out for:
rasta
fire and ice
Radioactive dragon eyes
Illuminati
Scrambled eggs
Gatorade
Rainbow incinerator
Blue eyed blonde *****

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the ones I’m on the look out for:
rasta
fire and ice
Radioactive dragon eyes
Illuminati
Scrambled eggs
Gatorade
Rainbow incinerator
Blue eyed blonde *****
Fragbox has most of those varieties at any given time and they are in Toronto although they can also ship, worth looking into!

Back