Zoa light burn

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently added 2 new additional light strips to my tank and after a few weeks, some of my zoas started getting super aggravated and closed up. I have since turned the lights down to 30 percent intensity and some things seem kinda mad recently because I just made the change a few days ago, so nothing bad. Anyways, the zoas that are super mad and closed up seem like something I’m gonna have to treat over a pretty long time. Is there anything I can do to aid in this recovery, or should I leave things be?

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the only thing that changed on your system? Would be easier to help with pictures and more info on your system….lighting…. Parameters etc…

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the only thing that changed on your system? Would be easier to help with pictures and more info on your system….lighting…. Parameters etc…
That’s when I looked back and notice the change go into effect. They looked perfect before I added, then once I added they gradually started to close and go wonky with their stalks.
I know I've burnt a few new zoas with leds. It will take a couple weeks now to act normally.
good to know thanks. Just leave them be and they’ll recover?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Start low white and moderate blue and ramp up slowly to desired settings over a few days.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back