Zoa nudis

PhelpsTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we have some Zoa nudis (BOO) so I went out and grabbed a melanurus wrasse. I was told these guess are the best for this issue. Did some research and found the same info, however what are some hands on testimonials??

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you will need to inspect all you zoas and remove any that you find. also remove their eggs. they look like little white balls in a spiral shape. you will have to keep up with inspecting until you do not see any more. the best time to see the is when tank lights are of and use a flashlight to see them. you could also try to dip them.

OP
OP
PhelpsTanks

PhelpsTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wrasse will help with the nudis right? I know the eggs are up to me, which I do see two of them.

Pebbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best option for me was to hand pick the nudis and their eggs off of the zoa colonies with a pair of tweezers. The eggs will be on the bottom of the colony and look like white spirals filled with goo.

rebel souljah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just pulled out my first nudibranch off my eagle eye colony last night and was debating on getting a melenurus wrasse as well...so bump for this post!!!

OP
OP
PhelpsTanks

PhelpsTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my Mel is doing pretty well! He looks to be picking the z's & p's. He will spend about 10-15 min at a time over them, but sadly one of my nice colonies seems to have a parasite issue now. Is a dip the only cure or are those goners?

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the wrasse is the best long term idea, those eggs are so hard to get off, they are amazingly strong and tough to remove! dipping the infected polyps in hydrogen peroxide or coral rx is good too but I've found in the past that keeping sixlines and melanaurus in the tanks at all times ensures if any new colonies slip in with em the wrasses eat em right up!

C

rebel souljah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the wrasse is the best long term idea, those eggs are so hard to get off, they are amazingly strong and tough to remove! dipping the infected polyps in hydrogen peroxide or coral rx is good too but I've found in the past that keeping sixlines and melanaurus in the tanks at all times ensures if any new colonies slip in with em the wrasses eat em right up!

C

would a mel eat my fire shrimp? i've already removed a mystery wrasse for eating my cleaner shrimp (wife's idea) would I have to worry about the mel as well? should I get a Yellow Coris wrasse, i hear they are alot less LIKELY to mess with my shrimp and snails then a mel...any suggestions

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my yellow coris, never been a problem with either of my cleaner shrimp which were both added after him. Also, he is a large "super male", and still has left everything alone, but he is always checking out every new coral I put in the tank for a tasty lil snack! IMO every reef (that has the room) should have one!

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

C
+1 mel and 6 line always work for me

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 90 80.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back