OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are common gobstoppers and their discharge habit is common. They do this more when under high nutrient conditions or when adapting to different tanks. They do look like they need more light.

There are really too many different kinds on that rock, and being tall growers the gobstoppers will likely bully the rest, especially the utter chaos in the upper right that don't like to fight for territory. When things get all established you might want to frag some off the rock so they can all have room.
Ya I've been needing to do that just looking for placement on each of them. Thanks!

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many nudibranchs have extremely specific diets. Some species eat one or two types of coral. Zoa-eating nudibranchs are particularly bad to get in your tank- hard to spot and they like a coral we frequently have. Berghias eat aiptasia and nothing but, so, yes, you shouldn't get them for a tank with one aiptasia. Unless given away after they eat all the aiptasia, they'll starve. Plus, they're pricey. Berghias are what you get to strip a tank with a major infestation of all its aiptasia. They'll breed in your tank, and get rid of any number of anemones eventually.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back