Zoacoral's 50G IM EXT

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for awhile, and have had numerous tanks.. I just bought a new house and all the appliances in my house are white. So my girlfriend asked me to get a different stand(I had a black stand, she wanted white). So I showed her a few different setups, and she picked out the IM 50G EXT with the white APS stand. I didnt complain as I had been looking at this tank since it came out.

This isnt necessarily going to be a build thread, more of a "rebuild"

Tank: 50g EXT IM
Stand: White APS
Sump: Fijicube 24"
Return pump- Coralvue Varios 2
Flow: MP10 and MP40
Lighting: 2 XR 15 gen 5 blues(still trying to figure out how im going to mount
Sand: Mesoflakes- 40 pounds of this(Ill add a little more eventually, It's out of stock for now)
Rock: I have about 50 pounds of Live rock(KP Aquatics), Great rock, and even better customer service

I have an Algae Scrubber as well, but I dont know if Its going to fit in my stand.

This setup, is mainly going to be LPS, Mushrooms, Softies, and Anenome
I have a Clownfish pair(had these for about 8 years now.), and Yellow goby w/ Tiger shrimp. There is also a cleaner shrimp.

OP
OP
Zoacoral

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the stand,

20200831_151605.jpg

CrazyCarlitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white stand looks nice

gonna follow along since I started the same tank about a month ago. Lol

couple of personal observations:

I added 40lbs of sand in mine. Gives me close to 1.5 inches of height.
I actually contemplated removing some, since the tank height is only 16.1” to begin with

the drain overflow section makes it hard to mount a light in that area.
I have seen a tank where one light is mounted on each side of tank, rather than in the rear.
But I would prob look a single rear mount that can accommodate two Radions for a cleaner look.

good luck

OP
OP
Zoacoral

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear about the sand depth, I was aiming for 1.5". I won't buy anymore then.

I agree on mou ting the lights, I dont think my girlfriend would for for me hanging them from the ceiling lol. I may mount them on each end panel,.

I'll come follow your bill as well

So here's picture of the tank, should I be concerned? I know its a brand new tank and for the price it should be perfect right?

20200902_120600.jpg

Back