• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Zoanthid Eating Nudibranchs

whalewhalewhale

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2021
Messages
160
Reaction score
148
Location
Los Angeles (West SFV)
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a lot of trouble with keeping the zoas in my tank under control and at this point, just want to get rid of them all. They've already smothered and killed a lot of the corals I placed next to them to "sting" and keep back, and now they're reaching upwards towards the expensive ones I'd like to keep. From what I'm hearing, ZEN can decimate entire zoa colonies and this is exactly what I'd like it to do.

If anyone is dealing with zoa eating nudis, I'd love to take em off your hands.

Thanks.

Untitled-design-9-1.png
 
You might also look for sundial snails. They like zoanthids too.
 
A bit risky, as I’d like whatever to die off once all the zoas are eaten. Nudis will starve, but sundials can go for my other coral
Hmm, haven't heard of sundials going for anything other than zoanthids.
But I guess coral predator's can be opportunistic.
I would think you might find the nudibranchs at lfs that bring in wild colonies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new