Zoas closed and new type of algae

clown and friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am having some strange things happen in my tank. All occurred around the same time 4 days ago. This new type of algae with the bubbles has shown up and at the same time all my zoas started to close up which were previously thriving. Nothing has changed in the tank except I am using vibrant to get rid of a bubble algae problem so that is the main suspect as of now. Perams are temp 78.4F, 1.025 salinity, 2-5ppm nitrate, 0 nitrite, 9.2 dKh, 460 calcium, 1360 magnesium. Any thoughts on the type of algae and any thoughts on what to do next to try to help my sad sad zoas? I'm kind of worried I'm on the verge of a crash or something.
IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think I see hydroids but the pic is too blurry to tell.

There are massive threads on how to handle dinos. There are a lot of opinions on how to take them out. UV sterilizer and dirty method did mine in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hair algae will irritate them. Pick of by hand and blow gently with a turkey baster. Should perk them up

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back