Zoas half open and half closed.

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’ve heard. Such beautiful fish tho! The fish that made me want a saltwater tank was a lion fish. Obviuosly I didn’t do my research 1st! Haha!
That was me with a flame, but there is fairy wrasses, anthias are great, I got 7 of them. Tangs are nice as well, I have 4 of them

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was me with a flame, but there is fairy wrasses, anthias are great, I got 7 of them. Tangs are nice as well, I have 4 of them
I want to add a Yellow Eye Kole Tang and an exquisite fairy wrasse to the tank next. I thought about adding both a yellow and a Yellow Eye Kole since they would be introduced at the same time but I’m thinking that may be a bad idea in a 72 gallon. :( I also thought about an anthia but I’ve read that they have to be fed several times a day and I wouldn’t be able to keep up with that.

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add a Yellow Eye Kole Tang and an exquisite fairy wrasse to the tank next. I thought about adding both a yellow and a Yellow Eye Kole since they would be introduced at the same time but I’m thinking that may be a bad idea in a 72 gallon. :( I also thought about an anthia but I’ve read that they have to be fed several times a day and I wouldn’t be able to keep up with that.
I feed once in the morning and once at night, they do fine, they look fat lol

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be worth reconsidering then! Since I’m pretty much starting from scratch I’m open to options. If I go with the anthia I think my stocking list will be the yellow eye kloe, exquisite fairy wrasse, dispar anthia, and a mated pair of onyx clowns. As well as the ywg and purple pseudochromis. Would love to add more but I don’t want to push it o_O

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be worth reconsidering then! Since I’m pretty much starting from scratch I’m open to options. If I go with the anthia I think my stocking list will be the yellow eye kloe, exquisite fairy wrasse, dispar anthia, and a mated pair of onyx clowns. As well as the ywg and purple pseudochromis. Would love to add more but I don’t want to push it o_O
Look into the purple Queen and the Bartlet anthias, the males are amazing. I have dispar.... There OK lol

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you feed them? Up to this point I’ve always fed a mix of marine cuisine and emerald entree. Also got reef chili for the corals and ordered reef roids and coral frenzy

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you feed them? Up to this point I’ve always fed a mix of marine cuisine and emerald entree. Also got reef chili for the corals and ordered reef roids and coral frenzy
For coral, I feed zoo, phyto, RED SEA A&B, reef roads and fuel. But I am growing the crap outta mine to sell. Like I say I am am into high end corals

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For coral, I feed zoo, phyto, RED SEA A&B, reef roads and fuel. But I am growing the crap outta mine to sell. Like I say I am am into high end corals[/QUOTE
thanks for the advice. I appreciate all of it I can get! Guess
For coral, I feed zoo, phyto, RED SEA A&B, reef roads and fuel. But I am growing the crap outta mine to sell. Like I say I am am into high end corals
sounds like you’re the person to give me advice about my corals then! Lol. Don’t be surprised if I bombard you with more questions later on down the road! Thank you for the help. I appreciate it!

00pipirose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are mine that I just bought, I am moving to all high end corals, the sunny D went from 5 heads to 25 in a month.

The big colony is just a no name that I moved to the back, you can't even see it anymore, but I am trying to sell it, I don't want it taking over

The 4 new zoa colonys were on the same rock so you can imaging how big that this is, it's over 200 heads. It closed and opened all the time with crabs crawling on it and it even has a peaceful acro crab living in it. You see him once every 2 weeks poke his head out
IMAG2815.jpg
IMAG2680.jpg
What do you use to get your zoas to grow so fast?? I bought 4 colonies like 5 months ago and each might have grown 2 more heads, if that!

Sent from my SM-G900H using REEF2REEF mobile app

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use to get your zoas to grow so fast?? I bought 4 colonies like 5 months ago and each might have grown 2 more heads, if that!

Sent from my SM-G900H using REEF2REEF mobile app
Everyone's system is different, and something that will work for one may not work for another. The one thing I do though, is I dose big. 1 night I will dose, zoo,phyto, and fuel. The next I will dose red sea A&B. I do 10% water changes once a week. I also run red seas full program with all red sea test kits including trace colors. My tank is ultra low nutrients, 0 phosphate and 0 nitrate so I have to lose amino acids and carbohydrates like crazy to keep my coral, especially sps happy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I would pay attention to flow or position in tank and feed them 1-2 light feedings per week. Your light meets their liking and are there any grazing fish in the tank which may be searching for food and annoying them?

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my male Bartlett, and my female purple Queen, my male Queen is hiding
IMAG2828.jpg
1520441309403.jpg

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my male Bartlett, and my female purple Queen, my male Queen is hiding
IMAG2828.jpg
1520441309403.jpg
Very pretty. I would have to turn the house into an aquarium to fit all the fish I’d like to have! Lol. Btw do you know much about wrasses? I’m kind of leaning toward them. Would love to get a Christmas, rainbow, and exquisite fairy but didn’t know how well they would get along. If I get them, they would be introduced at the same time to reduce aggression. Also, I’ve read to add the rainbow to a reef with caution. Not sure if they pick on corals or inverts. Do you know anything about them?

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty. I would have to turn the house into an aquarium to fit all the fish I’d like to have! Lol. Btw do you know much about wrasses? I’m kind of leaning toward them. Would love to get a Christmas, rainbow, and exquisite fairy but didn’t know how well they would get along. If I get them, they would be introduced at the same time to reduce aggression. Also, I’ve read to add the rainbow to a reef with caution. Not sure if they pick on corals or inverts. Do you know anything about them?
That is one fish I have not got into yet at all unfortunately. I was thinking of possibly getting some when I get my 225 but I am not to sure yet.

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one fish I have not got into yet at all unfortunately. I was thinking of possibly getting some when I get my 225 but I am not to sure yet.
Okay. Thanks anyway. I’m still iffy about the rainbow because I read it is aggressive and possibly not reef safe. I think it would be better to try the other two for now.

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Thanks anyway. I’m still iffy about the rainbow because I read it is aggressive and possibly not reef safe. I think it would be better to try the other two for now.
There is so many awesome fairy wrasse out there, can get some nice expensive ones that are beautiful

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back