Zoas not doing good

Romeo007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my zoas not doing good but lps and sps seems to be fine. Fed up with test kits but finally checked with Hanna it says 0 phosphate and lesser than 0.5 ppm nitrate alk and cal and mg brought to par now. Pulled out one nudibranch while dipping the dull corals

KcAQUARIUMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my zoas not doing good but lps and sps seems to be fine. Fed up with test kits but finally checked with Hanna it says 0 phosphate and lesser than 0.5 ppm nitrate alk and cal and mg brought to par now. Pulled out one nudibranch while dipping the dull corals
Do you have any carbon running?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my zoas not doing good but lps and sps seems to be fine. Pulled out one nudibranch while dipping the dull corals

Where there is one there is many. Have any wrasse in the tank that will eat those? May want to invest... My suggestions green coris, lightning wrasse, dusky/greyhead wrasse, pink striated wrasse.

KcAQUARIUMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note why would my zoas Ballon out? Most are closed and some are ballooning. Can't figure out why..

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note why would my zoas Ballon out? Most are closed and some are ballooning. Can't figure out why..
Are they brown. Check for ph swings and ammonia.
Yup. Maybe bugs but the nutrients are quite low.

KcAQUARIUMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they brown. Check for ph swings and ammonia.

Yup. Maybe bugs but the nutrients are quite low.
Not brown, I actually removed my issue. I moved my colony in front of a surface skimmer outflow and spot fed. They opened right up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back