Zoas not growing or improving in 3 months

Jack Ravensbergen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very important trace element for zoa's is iodine , that could be the problem as well.
if your iodine is to low , be carefull with dosing.. to much will be poisones
Grtz jack.

OP
OP
B

bartizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very important trace element for zoa's is iodine , that could be the problem as well.
if your iodine is to low , be carefull with dosing.. to much will be poisones
Grtz jack.

Good to know, I figured that I'd go slow. I've not dosed anything since October when I switched salts. Just keeping up on water changes. Nitrates and Phosphate has been climbing since I pulled the Chemipure when I had issues back then. Thank you.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates?
Calcium?
Magnesium?

maybe try running just a phosphate remover if it’s really that high? Do you have a refugium at all? It looks like your running an AIO? I know some people run refugiums in one of the chambers. But I would work on getting your phosphates down they are way to high (saw you said they are at 40?

what do you feed the tank? that can contribute to high phosphates.

OP
OP
B

bartizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates?
Calcium?
Magnesium?

maybe try running just a phosphate remover if it’s really that high? Do you have a refugium at all? It looks like your running an AIO? I know some people run refugiums in one of the chambers. But I would work on getting your phosphates down they are way to high (saw you said they are at 40?

what do you feed the tank? that can contribute to high phosphates.

All of the parameters are listed at the bottom of my initial post. Phosphates are averaging 0.2-0.4 (yes 0.4), calcium 415-440, magnesium 1230-1290 over a period of 2months.

NLS Thera A daily
~1/8 of a cube of cyclops + ~1/8 cube of marine cuisine + 1/8tsp Reef Roids - normally 2x week
1/8tsp Reef Roids target fed - 1x week

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas are pancaked flat - try moving them lower to partial shady area if possible. My zoas don’t take much light to open up in the morning - you can see them opening up with about 10% lights coming on during the ramp up. Make them stretch for it a little. Also iodine does seem to help - back of the bottle says daily dosing method is preferred which is 13-15 drops a day for my 90 gallon so maybe 3-4 for your tank. Just my opinion but all I collect is zoas - I’ve ALMOST got these little buggers figured out lol

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back