Zoas / Paly Compatibility

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all zoas compatible to place next to one another? Can I mix play's and zoa varieties on the same rocks? Which zoas are able to coexist next to / touching other zoas and palys. So far I've kept them all separate, but I'd like to combine them onto one rock island to fill out the space.

Can zoas / palys be placed next to anything other sps, lps corals?

Richard ML

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some zoas growing right under the disc of some discos and neither of them seem too upset about it. Not sure if I just got lucky but they both open fully every day, with the disco covering the base of a few zoas.

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all zoas compatible to place next to one another? Can I mix play's and zoa varieties on the same rocks? Which zoas are able to coexist next to / touching other zoas and palys. So far I've kept them all separate, but I'd like to combine them onto one rock island to fill out the space.

Can zoas / palys be placed next to anything other sps, lps corals?
Yes zoas/palys can co-exist together. If you place them next to sps just be careful because it might out grow, cover ur sps and kill it. Do not place them too close to lps cause lps will sting them specially torches.

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes zoas/palys can co-exist together. If you place them next to sps just be careful because it might out grow, cover ur sps and kill it. Do not place them too close to lps cause lps will sting them specially torches.
Like stated above just be careful of placement. It’ll out grow it’s area quickly.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix them up, faster growers will overtake the slower zoas/palys but if they have a similar growth rate they will blend out nicely. Look up zoa gardens for some ideas on mixing them up.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back