sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got nudi's in the garden.
I don't want to treat with chems.
are there any known reef safe nudi predators?
nudi.jpg

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Wrasses will hunt them down. I know Six Line and Yellow Coris Wrasses will for sure. Six line are know to grow up and be jerks tho so I recommend the Yellow Coris as I personally have one and is a model citizen and a heck of a hunter.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I bought a 6 line.
besides recommendations from those in the hobby, I can't find any scientific research that 6 lines do in fact eat zoa nudis.
I found another nudi on a zoa colony and watched the 6 liner work his way all around it but never made a move for it.
it then got me to wondering, do they not eat them because the nudi's are toxic to eat because of what they feed on?
like monarch butterflies are toxic to birds and amphibs from eating milkweed when they were caterpillars.
thought?

wom001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow coris wrasse, never had any issues when my garden was up and honestly i didnt qt or anything just dumped them in there. Id see a few zoas disappear and the the wrasse would be fatter one morning. BTW I do not recommend doing what I did, but its taken me years to realize how necessary QT is.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow coris wrasse, never had any issues when my garden was up and honestly i didnt qt or anything just dumped them in there. Id see a few zoas disappear and the the wrasse would be fatter one morning. BTW I do not recommend doing what I did, but its taken me years to realize how necessary QT is.

No space for QT.
And as you say, not a recommendation to others, just what I do, or in this case don't do.

wom001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically do dip corals with something. With this new build iv been exploring the bayer option fully and really have left the other guys out. But the coris wrasse was my safety net

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back