Zoa's

JasonM38401

Jason Martin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has success with zoa's, what are you keeping? I would like to get more, I'm just not sure what to stay away from. Hate to see them melt away.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had Jason fox bloodshots melt on me. Others have done well. I have utter chaos, AOG, God of War, fruit loops, Rastas, SC Pretty Paly, captain America, CAR, Sunny D, goochsters, everlasting gobstopper, red hornet, blue hornet, bam bam, mind blower paly, dragon ball z, etc.

I wouldn't buy a time machine again. I've had one polyp for 8+ months and it hasn't done anything. It is also the size of a pin head. I have questioned if there is even anything on the plug but there is lol.

There is a thread about zoas that melt. It may be something to look into and see what all is on the list. :)

Sent from tapatalk

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this much. Zoas are considered an "easy" coral, by most. But I didnt have real success with them in my tank until after about a year. They wouldnt die or melt as much as they just didnt grow or spread.

OP
OP
J

JasonM38401

Jason Martin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I was looking at that melting thread. Was wonder if it had anything to do with where they came from. If I get some it would be from a local source.

OP
OP
J

JasonM38401

Jason Martin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had Jason fox bloodshots melt on me. Others have done well. I have utter chaos, AOG, God of War, fruit loops, Rastas, SC Pretty Paly, captain America, CAR, Sunny D, goochsters, everlasting gobstopper, red hornet, blue hornet, bam bam, mind blower paly, dragon ball z, etc.

I wouldn't buy a time machine again. I've had one polyp for 8+ months and it hasn't done anything. It is also the size of a pin head. I have questioned if there is even anything on the plug but there is lol.

There is a thread about zoas that melt. It may be something to look into and see what all is on the list. :)

Sent from tapatalk

I need to see some pic's that's a good collection.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think zoas are pretty easy. There are some that are known melters. I'm on my fourth frag of Darth mauls now.lol If you live in Columbia, I live in MT. Pleasant and probably have 50 different named zoas.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an issue with my zoas. They are invasive. Lol. In all seriousness, these have had amazing growth. I love them. I also have some tubs blues that are starting to spread. Not sure what I am doing correctly for them but they are doing well. I have lost other kinds but its due to not having them glued well and they get relocated by a certain urchin.

DSC_3892.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 with Tapatalk.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to see some pic's that's a good collection.

Follow the link in my sig. :) I'm not the best at photography but it's a start. Most are frags I've had for a few months.

Sent from tapatalk

saratj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your in Columbia , I can give / trade you some easy zoas,
2e7e2avu.jpg

There's a cluster of about 5-10 green zoa's that fell off the larger colony, this has happened a few times, so I've put these everywhere I want them to grow, here's some pieces that fell off that bunch that I moved to another tank and they are doing great.
7arajypy.jpg

I made them close a little because I cleaned the glass for a clearer pic, but these green ones are super easy, the eagle eyes I have melted and then came back.

thegrilledcheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an issue with my zoas. They are invasive. Lol. In all seriousness, these have had amazing growth. I love them. I also have some tubs blues that are starting to spread. Not sure what I am doing correctly for them but they are doing well. I have lost other kinds but its due to not having them glued well and they get relocated by a certain urchin.

DSC_3892.jpg

:angel: Dude can I have/buy some of those from you?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. Come in down to Winchester and ill load you up. I also have acro, leather and nepthea frags. Ill.make the trip worth it.

OP
OP
J

JasonM38401

Jason Martin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your in Columbia , I can give / trade you some easy zoas,
2e7e2avu.jpg

There's a cluster of about 5-10 green zoa's that fell off the larger colony, this has happened a few times, so I've put these everywhere I want them to grow, here's some pieces that fell off that bunch that I moved to another tank and they are doing great.
7arajypy.jpg

I made them close a little because I cleaned the glass for a clearer pic, but these green ones are super easy, the eagle eyes I have melted and then came back.

Sure I would love some! They look great. Me your # and ill get with you.

OP
OP
J

JasonM38401

Jason Martin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_3892.jpg

That's crazy growth, it looks so cool!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They started off as 10-15 polyps about 2 years ago.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back