Zooanthid on my xeinia what to do?

blacksnake1986

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pulsing xeinia it came with a attractive looking zooanthid growing on the side of the xeinia stalk. I would like to seperate them and put the zooanthid on a rock of its own. Should I just cut if off with a razor at its base? Then superglue to rock? Also I have some green star polyp I would like to get started on my back glass should I just cut off a peice and superglue gel it to the back glass or do I need some other reef epoxy. Just wanted some input before I mess something up.

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GSP you can do anything with and it won't die. I would just use some super glue and stick it on. As for the zoa I wouldn't cut the zoa but I would cut the xeinia. There a hardy coral and will bounce back but you may want to wait till there's a few more stalks of the xeinia.

OP
OP
B

blacksnake1986

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gsp.jpg
xeinia 1.jpg
xeinia 2.jpg
I guess I should have said its at the base instead of on a stalk so you think I would be ok just taking a little xeinia with it when I cut it?

OP
OP
B

blacksnake1986

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk you know people say that they do good in your tank or they don't mine stay closed a lot and they stopped pulsing for some reason I have moved them around to try and find there happy place but they still don't look happy. My gsp is doing great and growing. I have another test kit on the way that test for phosphates calcium ect Maby the problem is there.

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing for them is to not move them so much. I'm guilty of that sometimes.

OP
OP
B

blacksnake1986

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a GFO/Carbon Reactor from brs today maby that will combat my GHA problem and help my phosphates.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back