Zoomonsters 200g Build Continued

f7.jpg
 
Ok I had pretty much sworn off sticks but the ASD sale was over the top and I do have a section where I will give them another try. As you can probably see always fond of torts, milli's and stylos. The rest of the stuff all nice to fill in my tank. The goni's were a tough call with so many nice ones and the extra 20% off aftersale. Got a couple really cheap Trachy's to see if my orange peel is done eating brains. He should be as well as he eats lol.

View attachment 3268857
 
Last edited:
So, rearranging and gluing some stuff and one of my original torches bought as a "wolverine" (though not much difference between that and a 24k I have) decided to fall over. Easily the biggest and most prolific grower I have (think what was 1-2 heads is now 16+). Problem is a lot of this stuff is so chopped up and you can't see the stems in online pics before purchase. I've had a few that looked nice but had pencil thick bases and they don't stay on plugs or rock very well and the original stem does not get bigger. This one was similarly challenging and the thought of cutting it up to get better stems did cross my mind but was quickly nixed. First attempt gluing this monster was a failure. Second attempt I took an old cut off stony plug and drilled a cavity in the center. I laid on super glue gel and then formed a cup like piece with epoxy. SG was added to the cup and attached to the coral and form fitted. I let that cure in a bucket most of a day. Putting it back in its original position was a little challenging too. Large ball of epoxy/SG fitted to the base and then worked into the rock surface. Even at that it required a couple extra epoxy ribbons form fitted around the base of the plug to fill in gaps and provide additional support. Not the most beautiful work but nothing coralline won't cover up eventually and fully open you can't see anything anyway.
t15.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new