OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I had pretty much sworn off sticks but the ASD sale was over the top and I do have a section where I will give them another try. As you can probably see always fond of torts, milli's and stylos. The rest of the stuff all nice to fill in my tank. The goni's were a tough call with so many nice ones and the extra 20% off aftersale. Got a couple really cheap Trachy's to see if my orange peel is done eating brains. He should be as well as he eats lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, rearranging and gluing some stuff and one of my original torches bought as a "wolverine" (though not much difference between that and a 24k I have) decided to fall over. Easily the biggest and most prolific grower I have (think what was 1-2 heads is now 16+). Problem is a lot of this stuff is so chopped up and you can't see the stems in online pics before purchase. I've had a few that looked nice but had pencil thick bases and they don't stay on plugs or rock very well and the original stem does not get bigger. This one was similarly challenging and the thought of cutting it up to get better stems did cross my mind but was quickly nixed. First attempt gluing this monster was a failure. Second attempt I took an old cut off stony plug and drilled a cavity in the center. I laid on super glue gel and then formed a cup like piece with epoxy. SG was added to the cup and attached to the coral and form fitted. I let that cure in a bucket most of a day. Putting it back in its original position was a little challenging too. Large ball of epoxy/SG fitted to the base and then worked into the rock surface. Even at that it required a couple extra epoxy ribbons form fitted around the base of the plug to fill in gaps and provide additional support. Not the most beautiful work but nothing coralline won't cover up eventually and fully open you can't see anything anyway.
t15.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 40.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back