Zoos shrinking

Gaby_scan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have been having this problem with some of my frags. I had a Dino outbreak and tear down the Tank, after starting it again Dino’s have been beaten, that was like a little over a month ago, now the tank is running ok but my zoas are not thriving and are shrinking. Can anyone help me understand why? I thought they were having too much light so I lower the intensity but nothing seems to be working.

parameters are normal including my nitrates at 5ppm and phosphate at 0.003 as of today.

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can give them a carbon peroxide dip and make sure the plug is clean as well. if you have iodine you can dip them in that the next day then keep them in low flow/medium light and give them some time to recover

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are other corals? Any LPS doing well? You meant 0.03 PO4, right? What test kit. Sounds like your PO4 was too low for some time.

OP
OP
G

Gaby_scan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a couple of pics, my other corals are just fine, i have a couple of hairy mushrooms and a colt and they doing good. The zoas are the ones i'm having trouble with. Yes po4 was 0.03 i checked today and is 0.07 i have been dosing po4 to balance nutrients. Still zoas look like they are getting smaller and some losing polyps.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Moderate light and water flow (assure theyre getting some flow. Placement is best at lower half of tank

salinity 1.025
temp 77-79
ph 8.1-8.3
nitrate < .04
phos < .04
ammonia < .03

A little iodine and iron to tank water is favorable for them

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back