Angels we have heard on high: Do you have angelfish in your tank?

Do you have angelfish in your tank?

• I currently keep Angelfish in my tank.

Votes: 198 47.9%
  • I have kept Angelfish in the past.

Votes: 60 14.5%
  • Not yet, but I would like to keep Angelfish in the future.

Votes: 98 23.7%
  • I am not interested in keeping Angelfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Realizing that many marine angelfish are better suited for larger tanks, this seems like the right time of year to ask about angels in our aquariums. There are many types of Angelfish that are well known to the hobby, and they are stunning when they are healthy and well-cared for in an aquarium. Please tell us if you have any experience with Angelfish and if you have any tips to share. More specifically, let us know if you have angelfish in your tank.

LiveAquaria_PeppermintAngelfish.jpeg

Photo by @LiveAquaria

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 in my 180 Mixed Reef tank (Emperor and Flame) and 1 in my 200g Mixed Reef Tank (Swallow Tail). The emperor is amazing but definitely nippy. Have to be careful with some soft corals, especially when just added to the tank. We call him El Heffe, and he's definitely the Boss. He even makes a kind of growling bass noise when chasing the other fish away from food. The swallow tail is 100% reef safe (mine anyway) and a first class citizen. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• DSC_1555.jpeg
    DSC_1555.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_1433.jpeg
    DSC_1433.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 67

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Realizing that many marine angelfish are better suited for larger tanks, this seems like the right time of year to ask about angels in our aquariums. There are many types of Angelfish that are well known to the hobby, and they are stunning when they are healthy and well-cared for in an aquarium. Please tell us if you have any experience with Angelfish and if you have any tips to share. More specifically, let us know if you have angelfish in your tank.

LiveAquaria_PeppermintAngelfish.jpeg

Photo by @LiveAquaria

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”
Thats one expensive fish. I have had Angels, never had a reef problem with them except one lemon peel angel that was literally like a lawnmower for LPS.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a half black angel that's banned to the mangrove swamp. I love that fish it eats aptasia but is a complete jerk to the rest of the fish

I pulled him and for 8 months changed the scape added him back to the 90 gallon. 3 days later banished back to the swap for the rest of its days

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back