0   0   0
For your consideration.
20231119_121610.jpg

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My build thread. It's like losing weight, if you don't tell people you are trying to lose weight then you have no accountability and you stay fat. Right? Or something like that.

That made me chuckle. Yeah, you're right. Respect for using reverse psychology to get noticed though. ;)

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did things and stuff happened. Thanks Ikea for your cheap stuff. Shelf is friction fitted so it can be removed for access. Doser will go on right. Supposedly tank will be here tomorrow. I tried calling the company four times and was hung up on four times. That's promising.

20231130_184607.jpg

Attachments

• 20231130_184607.jpg
    20231130_184607.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is here. The guys were super friendly. Knew how to handle their freight. Was nice enough to put it in the garage. I'm stuck at the shop so I haven't seen it yet but I think it should be fine. Also, I love a free pallet. I'm going to have to call big bubba over for one of those good old fashioned pallet bon fires. You haven't lived, and probably still have your eyebrows, if you haven't stocked pallets ten high with some high octane and lit that wooden temple to the Harley God. After the fire is long done we send the kids out with buckets to pick up the nails. Keeps them little tikes out of trouble. Natural tetanus immunity too.

723144105.jpg

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vendors Forum is a no reply sort of thing. BORING! So since it is part of this build I am going to cut and paste it right here for MAXIMUM viewage.

Saltwateraquariums.com is a scam.

They got me! Normally I can smell a scam a mile away. Like a pile of turds after little dickey mucks out old moo's barn. BUT THEY GOT ME! In my weakest moment, in my greatest time of need they got me! Boy howdy.

Suckered in by the allure of a product not normally found and the price. Like one eyed aunt olli, they lie like they breathe air. Product description. Nowhere does it say you need a controller for this product. IT DOES NOW BECAUSE THE REVIEWS MAKE IT CLEAR THIS IS AN ISSUE. At the time I bought this product there were no listings that the product needs a controller that's $300. I have purchased this product before. I figure it will be what I ordered before. Same product, company, price, yeah. (I bet if someone wanted to take the time you could find other listings similarly vague)

So I want to return it. Guess what, you get to pay for return. Yup. Fine. You send it to a dirt road in the middle of a corn field (a fine fine corn field). I tell you what...and hope it gets to someone. Google earth says the place you are sending it to sells nightcrawlers for $7. A danged steal! Then you get hit with a 15% restock fee because they claim you used it (their fine print says it's their discretion, so you can believe that 15% will be on all returns). So after it was all said in done, on my $79.00 purchase I got $46 back. They are scam artists. Their policies suck. Beware.

This is one of those things I was always told by meemaw but ignored. Read everything you sign, and take a screenshot of the listing before you buy. Oh yeah meemaw was quite the internet shopper. She had a stack of AOL 10min cards and a preloaded Visa with no one's name on it. <---Only some of you older folks will get this. Only Judge Wapner could fix this.

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Think many of these issues come down to poor control of the site and employee neglect. @WWC has several frag packs marked down from $200 and every one of them I've purchased comes it WAY under $200. Last one barely was worth $89. Never going to buy from them again!

As corporate as @Bulk Reef Supply has become, so far they have treated me excellently. I've had two skimmers from AQUAMAXX come broken and they sent me out replacement parts within a few days. Never going to buy an AQUAMAXX product again - but BRS has me as a loyal customer.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is here. The guys were super friendly. Knew how to handle their freight. Was nice enough to put it in the garage. I'm stuck at the shop so I haven't seen it yet but I think it should be fine. Also, I love a free pallet. I'm going to have to call big bubba over for one of those good old fashioned pallet bon fires. You haven't lived, and probably still have your eyebrows, if you haven't stocked pallets ten high with some high octane and lit that wooden temple to the Harley God. After the fire is long done we send the kids out with buckets to pick up the nails. Keeps them little tikes out of trouble. Natural tetanus immunity too.

723144105.jpg
Can't wait to see it unwrapped and set up!

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Think many of these issues come down to poor control of the site and employee neglect. @WWC has several frag packs marked down from $200 and every one of them I've purchased comes it WAY under $200. Last one barely was worth $89. Never going to buy from them again!

As corporate as @Bulk Reef Supply has become, so far they have treated me excellently. I've had two skimmers from AQUAMAXX come broken and they sent me out replacement parts within a few days. Never going to buy an AQUAMAXX product again - but BRS has me as a loyal customer.
Did you have a chance to take photos of the coral and email to the team so we can correct that for you?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very sorry for the parts arriving broken, but we are happy that our support team was able to remedy the issue quickly for you. This looks like it's going to be an awesome tank!

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the mess. Lights are hung like your dad. So we are a bit short on some of the cords, have some crap on order for that. Skimmer in the first chamber because the algae scrubber is waaaaay bigger than I anticipated. Usually that's a nice surprise, not this time. Crap... pictures are out of order, just read backwards. Ok off to play elder ring because apparently I'm not annoyed enough.
20231209_160911.jpg
20231209_160033.jpg

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it took a minute for me to pick this tank back up, literally. I decided to get rid of the curve 7 as it is just too large for my small sump space. I switched it out for the new Curve 5 which is smaller than it's predecessor and three inches smaller all the way around than the Curve 7. The plumbing for the return will prevent me removing the algae scrubber if I ever need to do maintenance. So I will try to use a few unions, also need to plumb in my reactor. The plumbing is tighter than a prom date. I think I will be able to pull it off. I'm mostly waiting for the Once Human beta to end so I can get my life back.

20240104_100847.jpg
20240103_181333.jpg

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So forgive my incredibly slow brain, but it just occurred to me that you're a member of the "local reef club" Spokane/CDA area, right? I'm originally from Spokane, was born and raised. I'm now about 3hrs South. But we go up to Spokane often since this whole area is 100% dependant on everything coming from there.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back