Anthias help.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ What is that? It won't enlarge when I click on it.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. It's a video. I can't upload direct to r2r so I uploaded to Photobucket.

All three alive again. Third is just floating at the surface. When you poke him he swims.

I'll take a photo.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image1482584498.539747.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to dose metro to the bucket. They have a lack of appetite, not very active, and have had the sunken belly thing.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three alive. No weird swimming today. Water being made for morning. Planning another tank transfer into fresh mix water and another dose of metro.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three alive. No weird swimming today. Water being made for morning. Planning another tank transfer into fresh mix water and another dose of metro.

Have they started eating yet?

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they started eating yet?

To be honest, I can't tell. They are in white buckets and they hide if I get too close.

I did another transfer today to fresh water with no meds. All fish are swimming normal. I plan on doing this one more time and moving them back to the 20L with no meds.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I can't tell. They are in white buckets and they hide if I get too close.

I did another transfer today to fresh water with no meds. All fish are swimming normal. I plan on doing this one more time and moving them back to the 20L with no meds.

Sounds like a good plan. If CP is harmful to anthias, you need to "detox" them with clean water. ;)

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan. If CP is harmful to anthias, you need to "detox" them with clean water. ;)

Well, I'm only running metro. They had a metro bath for two days. Now into fresh. Plan on adding metro again for two days.

Then back into fresh water so I can see if they're eating.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down to two. Remaining fish are hiding in pvc Elbow and won't eat.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that. Nothing came off. Looks like there was still a stringy white thing coming from its anus. Also, stomachs area seemed to be a dark brown.

Sounds like internal parasites. If the fish are not eating all you can do for that is dose praziquantel and/or metronidazole; and hope enough gets absorbed into the body to kill the worms living in the intestines. Best product to accomplish this would be API General Cure, which contains both prazi + metro.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like internal parasites. If the fish are not eating all you can do for that is dose praziquantel and/or metronidazole; and hope enough gets absorbed into the body to kill the worms living in the intestines. Best product to accomplish this would be API General Cure, which contains both prazi + metro.

I am currently dosing metro in the water since they won't eat. Last two seem fine but as I said, I can't tell if they are eating due to the bucket there in. It will be the third dose of metro.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I'm setting back up the viewing tank tonight since I cleaned it and let it dry yesterday.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dosing metro in the water since they won't eat. Last two seem fine but as I said, I can't tell if they are eating due to the bucket there in. It will be the third dose of metro.

Some intestinal worms are more susceptible to metro, some prazi. So, you could try adding Prazipro to the mix. However, if a bacterial bloom occurs (cloudy water) get the fish out of the bucket immediately.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some intestinal worms are more susceptible to metro, some prazi. So, you could try adding Prazipro to the mix. However, if a bacterial bloom occurs (cloudy water) get the fish out of the bucket immediately.

The two remaining fish have been moved into the 20L now with 10gallons of fresh mixed salt water. No meds. One seems quite active, the other hid under an elbow. I'm hoping it's just hiding because of a change in scenery.

Did not make an attempt to feed since last night. I added an RW4 on wave mode to give the water a little motion for when I feed them tonight. Will switch back to non-medicated foods.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back