OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Seiko Diver watches, I have had since the 80's it was stolen 3 times so I keep replacing it, I believe it is a 007 and I also have
Prospex Automatic Blue Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch

I have a few Seiko Divers.

Original Titanium Samurai and a very limited collaboration piece they did with Neighborhood Japan.

Attachments

• IMG_20220819_104509_937.jpg
    IMG_20220819_104509_937.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220429_164959.jpg
    20220429_164959.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anybody wanting to get a nice Seiko divers watch, I purchased mine from Kohl's online during the Black Friday sale, with all the discounts it came up to about half of what others were charging. Now these are not the most accurate time pieces if you want a precise everyday no drama watch check out Citizens divers watches.

I also purchased a Pepsi Seiko Divers watch for my son. He Las purchased a Nato band for it, he loves it.

You might want to purchase a watch winder by J Queen they are made in Japan, not expensive.

It's crazy...

A friend of mine wasn't fast enough to buy the Neighborhood Seiko for me, so I ended up paying 30-40% over retail for it.

The Samurai I got at a discount in the mid 2000s when it came out, now it's worth 3x + lol

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice :)

I'm actually probably getting rid of the Chrono for an AP rather soon...
Thanks! I like the chrono for sure but I definitely can't say anything bad about trading it in for an AP. Can't wait to see it! Are you going Royal Oak or 11:59?

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I like the chrono for sure but I definitely can't say anything bad about trading it in for an AP. Can't wait to see it! Are you going Royal Oak or 11:59?

Royal Oak Offshore.

I've never been a huge fan of the Royal Oak, I just feel it's too small.

I'm 6'2-3, and feel anything smaller then 42mm just feels small.

I like the face to cover most of my wrist and don't like when a watch is on one side of the wrist or the other.

I know the Royal Oak flares out, but still not for me.

I also really got into watches hard right as the Offshore craze was taking off, so that had a lot to do with it...

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this IWC Big Pilot Miramar (left) in polished ceramic.

Really like the old school dial that emphasizes the minutes scale.

Think it will be a better summer watch than the Big Pilot Heritage in Titanium on the right.

bps.jpg

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NATO band should keep your wrist dryer and more comfortable, my wrist used to stink from the rubber type band on my Seiko Divers watches, I pretty much lived in it and only took it off to go to sleep.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally remembered - I delivered this to a good friend to give to her father. Walnut with Birdseye Maple inlay. Hardware from Brusso (pricey but worth it IMO) IMG_2998.jpg IMG_2999.jpg

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NATO band should keep your wrist dryer and more comfortable, my wrist used to stink from the rubber type band on my Seiko Divers watches, I pretty much lived in it and only took it off to go to sleep.

Hated the Seiko stock straps. Always felt very stiff to me.

On my two Seikos I switched them out to Barton rubber straps.

Horus makes some great straps that are pricey. I was able to find some 23mm straps from them on deep discount for my Jaegar. Think I just bought 5. Normally 150-200, picked them up for 18-32.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally remembered - I delivered this to a good friend to give to her father. Walnut with Birdseye Maple inlay. Hardware from Brusso (pricey but worth it IMO)

Very nice!

I just put mine in a box from Amazon. Need to get a smaller safe, our large safe is a pain to open and not somewhere I'd remember to grab a watch.

There are some nice winder in wall safes with a display window, but I kind of don't like winders. Guess you could just leave them on the winder and not have them spinning.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this Rolex Yacht-Master for my wife.

I've never been a big Rolex fan, but my wife really liked it.

Funny even with the platinum bezel and dial, it never got on the hype train like other stainless sports Rolex models and are relatively affordable to pick up. Also not a dime a dozen like Submariners.

ym.jpg

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Two really awesome pieces. I agree the Yacht-Masters seem to be pretty underrated.
Just picked up this Rolex Yacht-Master for my wife.

I've never been a big Rolex fan, but my wife really liked it.

Funny even with the platinum bezel and dial, it never got on the hype train like other stainless sports Rolex models and are relatively affordable to pick up. Also not a dime a dozen like Submariners.

ym.jpg

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally picked up the Grand Seiko I've been wanting.

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_203025224.jpg
    PXL_20230521_203025224.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Two really awesome pieces. I agree the Yacht-Masters seem to be pretty underrated.

A prototype Yacht-Master that was also had a platinum case and bracelet with some jeweled indices just sold for 2.5 million at auction...

Just bought another watch, nothing crazy, but should be here in a few days :)

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A prototype Yacht-Master that was also had a platinum case and bracelet with some jeweled indices just sold for 2.5 million at auction...

Just bought another watch, nothing crazy, but should be here in a few days :)
Wow! That's insane but not too surprising for a rare Rolex. What did you get? Super interested!
I've never tried on a Grand Seiko but I know people love them.

I have two Seiko divers and they are super nice watches though :)
I think I'm one of the people who love them. Worth checking out in person at least once but I can understand why they don't appeal to everyone. Even tough I liked them already, seeing them in person was still a game changer for me. Even the pictures on their website don't do them justice in my opinion.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's insane but not too surprising for a rare Rolex. What did you get? Super interested!

I think I'm one of the people who love them. Worth checking out in person at least once but I can understand why they don't appeal to everyone. Even tough I liked them already, seeing them in person was still a game changer for me. Even the pictures on their website don't do them justice in my opinion.

Sinn U2. I've always liked the U1 and U2 but had never seen them in person.

Happened to see a U1 in person last week and really liked it. Strange enough a U2 popped up at less than what they're going for on Chrono24/eBay, so I picked it up. Should be here tomorrow. I really wanted a watch to take on vacation, especially for pools/ocean. The Submarine steel on the U2 aparantly doesn't need to be rinsed after being exposed to sea water.

Should also be picking up a Tag at an incredibly low price that I want to see what I can trade up to with. Might do a few trades, we'll see.

Need to really find somewhere with that has GS. One of my friends had one, but sold it a while ago. He raved about it though.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Sinn is in my short list as well. I've been keeping my eye on chrono24 for a good deal on a 903 or 556. The U2 is a really cool looking watch. I didn't know about corrosion resistance but that's pretty cool.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Sinn is in my short list as well. I've been keeping my eye on chrono24 for a good deal on a 903 or 556. The U2 is a really cool looking watch. I didn't know about corrosion resistance but that's pretty cool.

I've been looking forever as well. Really good deal.

I'll post some pictures when it comes in today :)

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came in, need to swap it over to the rubber strap today.

The strap needs to be cut which is always scary.

Watch isn't keeping great time, might be magnetized, so I'm going to demagnetize it today.

If that doesn't work, I need to decide if I want a local watchmaker to adjust it or send it to PA or Germany.

Issue is the watch has argon inside of it, so without having the proper setup, you lose the benefits of having argon in the watch if a normal watchmaker opens it.

The little white dot at the bottom is an indicator if argon is present. If it was blue, it would mean it's exhausted. It's purely to remove moisture from the watch.

sinnu2.jpg

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came in, need to swap it over to the rubber strap today.

The strap needs to be cut which is always scary.

Watch isn't keeping great time, might be magnetized, so I'm going to demagnetize it today.

If that doesn't work, I need to decide if I want a local watchmaker to adjust it or send it to PA or Germany.

Issue is the watch has argon inside of it, so without having the proper setup, you lose the benefits of having argon in the watch if a normal watchmaker opens it.

The little white dot at the bottom is an indicator if argon is present. If it was blue, it would mean it's exhausted. It's purely to remove moisture from the watch.

sinnu2.jpg
Wow! Looks freaking sick! I didn't even realize the U2 was a GMT. Hopefully it's just magnetized and the demagnetizing works. Fingers crossed!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back