Any watch lovers in here?

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone else on R2R is into watches?

Watches have been my main business for almost 20 years and a passion of mine for around 25 years.

Apart from watches, there are cars...

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Watches have been my main business for almost 20 years and a passion of mine for around 25 years.

I love researching and reading about watches! But most are out of my league lol. My nicest watch is a citizen and my daily watch is a Garmin instinct solar, not sure if you're into the "smart watch" thing, but I've really been eyeing up the new Garmin, just can't pull the trigger at $999

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love researching and reading about watches! But most are out of my league lol. My nicest watch is a citizen and my daily watch is a Garmin instinct solar, not sure if you're into the "smart watch" thing, but I've really been eyeing up the new Garmin, just can't pull the trigger at $999

Not too much into the smart watch thing. Closest I have are two G-Shocks released by Supreme a few weeks ago lol

It would be interesting to see with people getting used to wearing Apple watches if they will start transitioning into other watches.

I'm pretty much mostly into mechanical stuff.

Last year or so the watch market made a lot of watches out of people's leagues lol

Coming back down to earth now.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people that like the smart watches like the features it provides and typically seem to stay with smart watches. I’m sure some have other nice watches, but the smart watch will eventually “take over” what they wear….

corey

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering the same thing so I searched watches on here and found this thread. I love watches but unfortunately suffer from poorness so I can't say I have much of a collection yet or even dream of dabbling in the big boys like Rolex, or any of the holy trinity. I've been sticking mostly to the swatch group but hoping to pick up a Grand Seiko in the near future as my first more expensive piece. For the amount of time you've been into watches I'm guessing you have some really nice pieces. Curious to hear more.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have but one - a Citizen, I can appreciate the beauty of a finely crafted timepiece.

A coworker's father is a bit of a collector. I am in the middle of making a display box for him. It will be walnut with a birdseye maple inlay and glass top. It is sized to display up to 9 watches. When I finish I'll try to remember to post a picture!

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have but one - a Citizen, I can appreciate the beauty of a finely crafted timepiece.

A coworker's father is a bit of a collector. I am in the middle of making a display box for him. It will be walnut with a birdseye maple inlay and glass top. It is sized to display up to 9 watches. When I finish I'll try to remember to post a picture!
Yes please, I'd love to see it when you're done! Citizen makes a cool watch imo. Not sure if anyone would know this reference but Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation wore a Citizen and I don't think you can have a better ambassador than that...

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering the same thing so I searched watches on here and found this thread. I love watches but unfortunately suffer from poorness so I can't say I have much of a collection yet or even dream of dabbling in the big boys like Rolex, or any of the holy trinity. I've been sticking mostly to the swatch group but hoping to pick up a Grand Seiko in the near future as my first more expensive piece. For the amount of time you've been into watches I'm guessing you have some really nice pieces. Curious to hear more.

Nothing too crazy, used to wear pre-owned pieces all the time and swapped out weekly.

i.e. When we got married in 2008 wore an AP Montoya in Rose Gold around Vegas. Also young and stupid back then, didn't think twice about drinking and partying and walking around with a 100k watch...

Prices have come way down, esp. with Rolex lol

I have a couple of IWCs (Big Pilot Heritage, 46mm Top Gun Ceramic Chrono, Aquatimer 2000) and a JLC and Glashutte Original. Working on getting two AP Offshores this year. We'll see. Some other watches mixed in like an original titanium Seiko Samurai. Seiko diver they did in collaboration with Neighborhood. Misc other things as well :)

Really AP Offshores and IWC Big Pilots are what I stick with personally. Didn't get into the Royal Oak, RM, Rolex hype...

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too crazy, used to wear pre-owned pieces all the time and swapped out weekly.

i.e. When we got married in 2008 wore an AP Montoya in Rose Gold around Vegas. Also young and stupid back then, didn't think twice about drinking and partying and walking around with a 100k watch...

Prices have come way down, esp. with Rolex lol

I have a couple of IWCs (Big Pilot Heritage, 46mm Top Gun Ceramic Chrono, Aquatimer 2000) and a JLC and Glashutte Original. Working on getting two AP Offshores this year. We'll see. Some other watches mixed in like an original titanium Seiko Samurai. Seiko diver they did in collaboration with Neighborhood. Misc other things as well :)

Really AP Offshores and IWC Big Pilots are what I stick with personally. Didn't get into the Royal Oak, RM, Rolex hype...
Nice! Those are some heavy hitters for sure. All awesome pieces! I always liked IWC but I don't have the wrists for them. JLC and GO are both on my radar and I hope to be able to get one from each at some point. Although, I love the moon phase watches from both, JLC's ultra thin moon and GO's panoramic lunar are both really desirable imo. I may need to just settle for one of the other. Which JLC and GO do you have?

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Those are some heavy hitters for sure. All awesome pieces! I always liked IWC but I don't have the wrists for them. JLC and GO are both on my radar and I hope to be able to get one from each at some point. Although, I love the moon phase watches from both, JLC's ultra thin moon and GO's panoramic lunar are both really desirable imo. I may need to just settle for one of the other. Which JLC and GO do you have?

I don't have huge wrists, but am 6'2. I think they fit ok. I do like bigger watches though.

Feel < 42mm just feels off to me.

GO is my wifes, it's a 37mm sport evolution.

JLC is a diver.

20220527_102525.jpg 20220903_144757.jpg f6080a5a69678b4a91ed5652e64d703ae0853e56-14.jpg P_20220221_121420.jpg

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have huge wrists, but am 6'2. I think they fit ok. I do like bigger watches though.

Feel < 42mm just feels off to me.

GO is my wifes, it's a 37mm sport evolution.

JLC is a diver.

20220527_102525.jpg 20220903_144757.jpg f6080a5a69678b4a91ed5652e64d703ae0853e56-14.jpg P_20220221_121420.jpg
Beautiful! Really great pieces, all of them! Inspiring collection. Especially like the chronograph and the GO. I can add a poor quality photo I took of my Longines a while back and I'll try to add something else when I get more time.

Attachments

• PXL_20221108_182712678.jpg
    PXL_20221108_182712678.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 8

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Seiko Diver watches, I have had since the 80's it was stolen 3 times so I keep replacing it, I believe it is a 007 and I also have
Prospex Automatic Blue Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Seiko Diver watches, I have had since the 80's it was stolen 3 times so I keep replacing it, I believe it is a 007 and I also have
Prospex Automatic Blue Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch
Nice! Seiko makes a great watch in my opinion and the SKX007 is an all time classic. Pics?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anybody wanting to get a nice Seiko divers watch, I purchased mine from Kohl's online during the Black Friday sale, with all the discounts it came up to about half of what others were charging. Now these are not the most accurate time pieces if you want a precise everyday no drama watch check out Citizens divers watches.

I also purchased a Pepsi Seiko Divers watch for my son. He Las purchased a Nato band for it, he loves it.

You might want to purchase a watch winder by J Queen they are made in Japan, not expensive.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Really great pieces, all of them! Inspiring collection. Especially like the chronograph and the GO. I can add a poor quality photo I took of my Longines a while back and I'll try to add something else when I get more time.

Very nice :)

I'm actually probably getting rid of the Chrono for an AP rather soon...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back