OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the IWC GST Aquatimer 2000 didn't stay around very long...

Took it on a trip and it was great, but shortly after we got back this watch came up for sale at a crazy low price from another watch dealer...

This is a Hublot King Power Oceanographic in full carbon. It actually held the deepest diving record for a watch for 11 years, with 4000 meters. Only in 2022 did Omega and Rolex pass that.

It's a large watch, but the carbon makes it light. Also the strap goes straight down and is not flared out, making the case diameter easier to deal with. The watch actually feels more well made than my Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore.

More of a summer watch, but couldn't pass it up...

20231204_102531.jpg

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting back into watches after wearing a Apple Watch the past 5-6 years.

I felt tied down wearing it as everything that my phone did it went to my watch

So for Christmas my kids said they wanted to buy me a watch, they ended up buying me 2

I have always had g-shocks over the past 30 years so they got me a everyday wear watch and then a going out watch

Attachments

• IMG_9549.jpeg
    IMG_9549.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9583.jpeg
    IMG_9583.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 4

Slimer'sGreenBali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love watches. I was gifted an AP Royal Oak that I only bring out for special occasions. I'd be petrified wearing it as a daily.

My daily now is a beat up old Citizen eco-drive that really is my favorite watch.

I'm looking at the Grand Seiko Snowflake with a leather strap as something of a dress watch and the Omega Speedmaster to have another daily.

Between watches, reefs, and cars I've got some hobbies determined to put me in the poor house.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting back into watches after wearing a Apple Watch the past 5-6 years.

I felt tied down wearing it as everything that my phone did it went to my watch

So for Christmas my kids said they wanted to buy me a watch, they ended up buying me 2

I have always had g-shocks over the past 30 years so they got me a everyday wear watch and then a going out watch

Two really nice pieces!

G-Shocks are still the standard for a tough and durable watch. I actually just sold the three I had :(

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love watches. I was gifted an AP Royal Oak that I only bring out for special occasions. I'd be petrified wearing it as a daily.

My daily now is a beat up old Citizen eco-drive that really is my favorite watch.

I'm looking at the Grand Seiko Snowflake with a leather strap as something of a dress watch and the Omega Speedmaster to have another daily.

Between watches, reefs, and cars I've got some hobbies determined to put me in the poor house.

Very nice, which Royal Oak?

I'm actually on the fence to trade the Hublot on another Royal Oak Offshore to use as a daily. Just depends if I can work something out where the watch doesn't cost me too much. If I can, I'll throw it on a rubber strap and daily it.

Grand Seiko really makes some stupid nice dials, esp. the Snowflake. Can't go wrong with a Speedy for sure.

My car hobby is a little be dead at the moment, there was a time when we had a GT500, Hellcat and CTS-V at the same time and an SUV and truck... I'm sure we'll get into it again, but moving from Austin to a small Hill Country town and then opening a brewpub, then moving back to Austin and having twins has pretty much changed my priorities as it comes to cars.

Also, I haven't had a tank for almost 10 years now... so a little bit of extra money for my watch fund :)

Out of the three, I've made watches and reefing into businesses, just never found anything to do with cars. Had plenty of friends who are in the car business though.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my grandfather's Rolex. I don't wear it as it is worth more than my house. But it is quite fascinating. 1978 day to day I think. It has the day on it.

That's awesome!

Some of those vintage Rolexes have just exploded in price.

Only Rolex we have is a steel and platinum Yacht-Master from the late 90s my wife wears.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome!

Some of those vintage Rolexes have just exploded in price.

Only Rolex we have is a steel and platinum Yacht-Master from the late 90s my wife wears.
To be honest my grandpa would be the one to tell me to sell it. He would think it is stupid to have it in my safe. He was that type of guy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back