Anyone else do dumb stuff that only other reefers would relate to?

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow jackets decided to build a massive nest in the bedroom wall of my apartment. Today they decided to chew their way through the window sill and come out to sting the ever loving crap out of me. I noped right out of the room and shut the door behind me. After calling my landlord and realizing that a crew of people would now be in and out of my room shortly, I remembered that I've been lazy with scraping the glass over the past week, and you cannot see the inside of the tank. So of course, back in I went with around ten hornets circling above my head, to make the tank look "presentable" to other people. Fastest glass cleaning I've ever done in my life. Thank you magnetic scrapers. Fishkeeping is a mental illness.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
Does dropping a live six way 240 volt extension into the tank comply with the O.P.?
Perhaps.
Did you reach into the tank to make sure that the grounding probe was working?
:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O

Perhaps.
Did you reach into the tank to make sure that the grounding probe was working?
:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
No, I had one of the original Philips plasma TVs that developed a power supply problem that could not be fixed, so I had to leave the power on. I reached into the tank to retrieve the hydrolysis conduit so I could watch MTV.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
..Like pulling out a 40 watt UV bulb to see if the bulb is still working… and then having to go to the emergency room at 3AM after waking up with burning/itchy eyes and blurry vision. Doh! Sent me home with some eye drops and was fully recovered by the morning, but man that was scarey.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back