Best LFS for 600g install??

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m new to the hobby and sort of decided to hop into the deep end quite quick by wanting my first tank to be a 10ft tank. Which stores in the PHX/Goodyear area would you guys recommend to help with doing my plumbing set up? I want it done correctly the first time so I rather have a professional install.

also off topic but any of you that are Arizona locals and have similar sized setups, how much are you spending on electricity and water monthly?

Last edited:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend James Brinkley. My tanks weren't as large as yours. He removed a CDC 150 rimless which was a beast 3/4" glass and installed a 200 gallon. Very professional. He's a fireman by trade. He also opened a shop on deer valley and 19th. I think that is the location. I don't get any perks, but if you do go with James, give him my name. I'd like him to know I recommend him. I know he did a couple of other guys tanks and they were pleased with him.

I can't help you on your other questions. I was using the moonshine products (no water changes in over 2 years) and I have solar.
1C62CF96-10B6-49B2-9B06-69B27C38AFBB.png

Jason Scalise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree. His shop, Aquaholics, is not the worlds largest store by any means, but I find the quality of their products, and livestock to be very high. I, too, have no conflicts, just a recommendation.

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that is ****** huge! be on the lookout for a coral show twice a year off 17 and something maybe peoria. you can get a lot of nice corals there at good deals and meet a lot of locals.
there is also a FB group similar in name to this group though not related and I think there is still a FRAG group on FB

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, AZ FRAG is meeting this Saturday at Mi' Amigos.

You can find the details here.

I'll be attending this one as well

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back